The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Omega 3
16 Jul 2015, 09:19
Because of the stress, lack of sleep and everything that's going on, I have red eyes now. Nothing serious, really and I am the only one seeing this as I am hyper focusing on it. Anyway it seems that Omega 3 are the best way to get rid of it. I don't want to take some pills as I will forget to take them, I need to find the right food that can help. I know that you can find some in fishes like trout, sardines and salmon but do you know where else I could find some ?

Thanks ! :heart:
Re: Omega 3
16 Jul 2015, 19:19
Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flax and chia seeds are the first foods that spring to my mind :)
17 Jul 2015, 00:27
avacados?
17 Jul 2015, 03:16
MaryAnn wrote: avocados?

Oils are a slippery discussion topic (pun very-much intended)...possibly already discussed in other posts here. MUFAs, PUFAs and SFAs - Oh my!

From a bit of cursory (re)checking the ideal ratio is 1:1 for omega-6 to omega-3 consumption. So in addition to adding omega-3's you could subtract omega-6 sources to balance things out. For example: corn oil is 100:1; soybean oil is 10:1. Avocados are also 10:1 but they are better because of other attributes.

One of many links between sleep and omega-3 consumption:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/274097.php
19 Jul 2015, 04:52
Walnuts and flax seeds are great non fish sources. However don't forget dark leafy veg like cabbage and spinach which contain ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) - a form of omega 3, albeit in smaller amounts.
19 Jul 2015, 08:31
I have a confession to make, I am lazy and have no patience whatsoever when it comes to internet search.... :shame:
I eat a lot of spinach, in fact it's one of my favorite veg so I have so at least 3 times a week, have an avocado night a month and have plenty of fish. No walnuts, though, as I hate them with a passion.

About the flax seeds, I had to look them up to know what they are, I have some from time to time with poppy seeds to add some texture.

I will be looking for pumpkin seeds :wink:
18 Dec 2016, 06:41
peanut butter, baby formula, cereal and some protein powders
Mackerel, Salmon, Walnuts, Chia seeds, flaxseeds, Sardines, ...
7 posts Page 1 of 1