The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Thought this would be a fun thread: what combinations of food have you stumbled across that might sound bizarre or downright disgusting at first, but actually work really well?

My contribution is raw parsnip and mayonnaise. Raw parsnip tastes a lot like raw carrot (i.e. gorgeous) but drier and a touch spicier, and something in the mayo goes really well with it. I expect it's pretty good for you raw, as long as it's parsnip with mayo, not mayo with parsnip :wink:
Never tried raw parsnip before that's one to remember. And I love roast parsnips more than potatoes.
I will have to sleep on this one! Watch this space.
Raw celeriac with mayo lemon juice and a bit of dijon mustard is delish!
I love strawberries in a salad with spinach and praline with a touch of balsamic.
Peanut butter in raw Jalapeno peppers. Just slice the pepper in half from stem to tip, discard the seeds and fill with PB.

(The oils in the PB mask the fire.)
Tuna stuffed in peppers halves rather than tomatoes. Delish!
Maybe not unusual, but my OH shakes his head when he sees me eating that: strongly flavoured cheese like applewood or montery jack with jam, strawberry or blackcurrant is best :grin:
6 posts Page 1 of 1