The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

23 posts Page 2 of 2
We will be having an apple, celery and walnut salad with toasted goat's cheese and a cranberry dressing, followed by hazelnut, brazil nut and millet roast with onions, celery, mushrooms, miso, rosemary and sage. This will be accompanied by spiced red cabbage with pecans and cranberries, sage and onion stuffing, sprouts, parsnips with beery mustard and roast potatoes (I'll allow myself two). My favourite part is the red cabbage. Ialways make lots so that I can eat it cold later.

Until then I'm being very abstemious !
everyone's dinners sound lovely! I decided to stop eating fish and be a proper veggie as of this month so the usual salmon is out. I was considering nut roast but thought it was too fussy but reading all your posts has given me confidence to try it. I might get a quorn roast too just in case lol. A plateful of roast veg, yorkshire pud and gravy is enough to satisfy me! x
We're not sure yet, I'm fairly happy with extra Christmas veggies, but in the past have tended to have a nut roast or something along those lines. We're not going to the rellies this year so there's just the two of us, so happily not too much to do. Mrs Egduf is not veggie, so it'll just be me.
Thanks, folks, you're very kind!

The least I can do is give you the link to the recipe:

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/haggis-en-croute-using-brioche-with.html

I'm in the middle of preparing the haggis now - and I'll make the brioche tomorrow sometime. Better do it early and get the whole thing cooked, 'cos there won't be any time to cook it on Xmas day!:)

Was intending to fast again after dinner tonight, but, whilst adding the sweet chestnuts to the mix, at least half a dozen fell into my mouth! :(

:grin:
I find them quite bouncy in that way too :wink:
I had one of those quorn roasts on Christmas Eve with a ton of roast veg...horrible! Never again. Settled for roast veg, quorn meatballs and sausages on Christmas Day. x
Drilakila, I don't like the Quorn roast either but my family do. Lots of apple sauce helps it go down!
Apple sauce might have helped! Thanks for the idea if I ever have to ea it again I will give it a try x
23 posts Page 2 of 2