Log in to view your messages, post comments, update your blog or tracker.
Important Information & Forum Rules
Please use common sense and decency when posting - be considerate of other members in the way you address them. Persistent offenders will be banned!
- No flaming
- No trolling
- No spamming
- No illegal activities
- No adult content
- No discussion of extended fasting (see below)
Linking & Signature Rules
You may include links in your posts and in your signature, but the below guidelines should be adhered to:
- You may link to your personal blog/website.
- You may not promote business websites* or affiliate/referral schemes without prior permission of the forum staff.
- You may not post links to anything in breach of the above forum rules.
- You may not include more than two external links in your signature.
* this does not include trusted online retailers (for example, Amazon) which may be used in links to relevant products or information.
Policy Regarding Discussion of Extended Fasting
This forum exists to discuss basic 5:2 and similar short-period fasting and calorie-restriction interventions. We are not here to 'nanny' you, however, we do not encourage extended fasts undertaken without medical supervision and would prefer these topics not be discussed here both for reasons of legal responsibility and concern for our members' health. Posts advocating inadequately-supervised near-zero-calorie fasts of longer than 36 hours will have a public warning placed above them and posts will be edited as deemed necessary by forum staff.
We encourage members to report any posts relating to extended fasting, using the 'exclamation mark' icon at the top right of the post. If we feel something is unsuitable or may cause harm we reserve the right to remove/edit a post, remove/lock a topic or ban a member.
This policy has been developed based on a lengthy discussion by forum staff and also with forum members, click here to read about it and better understand our reasons for this policy.
Note that we may make exceptions for topics in the 5:2 Lab forum which may wish to discuss the results, findings and methodologies etc relating to formal research on extended fasting.
In all cases the FastDay Forum Administrator's decision is final and banning, removal of links etc is at the Admin's discretion.