The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, I'm British and living in NY and started the 5:2 four weeks ago. I've lost more than 7 pounds so far, and feel fantastic in general. For background, I'm a mum over 40 and have a deficient thyroid, which has made losing weight extremely difficult (for eg. walking 3 miles a day every day for a year helped me to shed not an ounce). On the 5:2, the weight's come off without resistance. I have been wearing a FitBit for a few months now and so I make sure I walk 5 miles every day; I also bike, play tennis and lift weights on occasion. I'd say between days 1 and 4 I experienced the odd headache, felt quite cold on occasion, and wasn't confident the feelings of occasional hunger would be ignorable. However, those sensations have mostly passed, and to avoid headaches I need to drink lots of water through the day (this works well), and I now actually look forward to the fast days. I find the careful thought over what to eat on the fast days has also made me more careful about the non-fast days. That is, I'm squeezing lots more veg into our meals and portions have gotten smaller (and I use small, pretty dishes to help with this effort.). Afraid I haven't noticed anything odd with my monthly cycle, so can't help you there. All in all, I couldn't be more pleased or feel better, and can't wait to see the results of my bloodwork in a few months (had been borderline prediabetic and my cholesterol figures used to worry my doctor). Having lost more than 6% of my weight, I think the doc will be pleased. Sorry I haven't got anything rotten to add as a female 5:2er!
Hi, well, I am a British woman, mum of 2 teenagers and at 45y old was finding it difficult to cope with my lifestyle, living on a farm with horses and riding, following surgery for Spinal Stenosis with my weight creeping up and up to 15st !! :shock: :shock: !I have just started the 5;2 and have lost weight ,(8lb..!) feel wide awake and look forward to my Monday and Thursday fast days. In all honesty at "five-foot-not-a-lot", I have about 5 stone to loose :frown: or at least 4st to get back to my last healthy weight. I have endurance horses and am planning to start competing again soon. I enjoy baking and cooking , so on sunday I cook soups for my fast days, ( I cannot really eat ready meals without complaining loudly :grin: ) I eat crabsticks as a snack and drink water....a lot !I really like the idea that on monday, after indulgingall weekend in alcohol and goodies, my whole system is being flushed out and given a chance to rest on monday, I am finding my appetite diminishing on Tuesday and Fridays following my fast days, but my anticipation and appreciation of the food I eat ,very satisfying.I am also assessing how I cook and recognizing where I can reduce calories generally. I do not resent this change in my eating habits,and can see me eating like this forever.
3 posts Page 1 of 1