The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, the community has spoken and we have listened! You wanted the old style, friendly, encouraging Tracker home page back and that's what we've done! :)

Big thanks for bearing with us while the other slightly more pressing tech issues were resolved, now @fast_paul has been a total star and put the old page back up for us. We may give it a little tweak here and there to spruce it up a bit, as well as adding in the congratulatory messages for waist & BMI goals (no idea why I didn't add these when I set it up! Must have been a blonde moment! - no matter how much colour I stick in my hair, I can't get away from what lies beneath, lol).

You should also find now that the weight to lose/weekly loss figures are now correct too. Sorry about that mixup!

If you're having any other issues with the tracker please do let us know about them. You can email on support@fastday.com or post in this topic and we'll add it to our to-do list. I'm hoping the login-related 'tracker not activated' issues are now sorted but please do say if not and I'll give the tech chaps a poke to get on the case as soon as they can ;)

:victory:
Thank you @moogie. If only there were people like your good self at the BBC - I am sure you could redo the sound track to Jamaica Inn with one hand tied behind your back. :lol:
Well, it's certainly better than telling me I have a fraction of a pound to lose when I reached goal months ago. But it still says this (after congratulating me!):

For your selected level of activity (Moderate Activity) you should be eating around x calories on your feed days and y - z calories on your fast days in order to lose weight. Note that your body's needs change as you lose weight and it is important to adjust your calorie intake accordingly so as not to overeat. If you are currently losing weight with calorie intake different than these suggested figures then there is no reason to change!

Must it continue telling me how to continue losing weight when I've reached goal?!?
Thanks Moogie. I just noticed it. I was just happy to have a tracker at all!
:like: Thank you, thank you, thank you! really appreciate your listening to us and bringing back the old verbiage for the tracker. :clover:
Yay :like:
Just been in for a play. Still shows me starting last year but that is ok, it is a true picture and I have gained weight since my first attempt. Such is life, or rather such was life. Many thanks for all the work that goes into this.
Thanks so much for restoring the cheerful old tracker!

One issue you might look into going forward is that the estimates provided by the Mifflin-St. Jeor formula give a much lower than necessary result for those of us who have body fat distributions different from the median. For example, people like me with a big chest and very small hips and butt.

I have logged my own weight loss against carefully measured daily input for several months at a time over the years, and found that the formula based on body fat percentage (Katch-McArdle formula) is much more accurate for me, EVEN when I estimate body fat percentage using a Tanita scale which notoriously over estimates body fat percentage compared to calipers.

In my case, the formula you are using gives me a daily TDEE that is 130 calories a day below what the Katch-McArdle formula prescribes, a very significant difference! But after eating 5:2 my weight loss over the past 3+ months as tracked by Libra shows that I am indeed losing at the rate that would be predicted based on Katch-McArdle.

So you might want to put in the option to use the other formula if the person can supply a body fat percentage from a body fat scale.
Ahh that's better, glad we got the numbers right and the weekly average back again. Big thanks to everyone! :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1