The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

31 posts Page 1 of 3
I've been wondering recently if the forum stats on the tracker (no, not your personal stats/charts!) should be viewable to all, registered or not? Perhaps without the ability to filter the stats (and a message saying they need to register to access that feature).

I think it might help encourage more people to try this way of eating if they can see the figures without committing first of all to using the forum & tracker.

It would also give us the opportunity to try to get a link on the Wikipedia 5:2 diet page as the charts would be seen as a reference of information and not as an irrelevant link.

(I did try to get a link on the Wiki page previously but we were booted off for 'spamming' a site which includes adverts - yet the official site, covered in ads for the book was permitted for quite some time!)

What do folks think to making this data public? It's nothing personally identifiable and is covered by the clause at the bottom of the site if anyone wants to use the data elsewhere. Who knows, it may even get us a bit of news coverage!
Sounds like a great idea ,I think it would encourage people
Thank-you moogie another good idea from you :heart: Sue
Good idea!
Agree, will help to publicise, and I'm sure those stats must be looking pretty impressive by now :victory: :like:
No problem here. As you say, its not as though it has any names on it and it might get more people to give it a try.
If you think it would help 'spread the word' then definitely go for it (as long as it's not going to say 'FatDog is a lard-ar** as she put weight on this week')!

I feel rather evangelical about this WoE and think it's sadly abused / misunderstood, so it would be great if the change helped get the forum onto wikipedia.
Go for it, Moogie--and many thanks
Yes do it.
Great idea, no objection at all.
An excellent idea! This must be the only such collection of data, its important to share it with those who need to know thanks for all you do Moogie!
Sounds like a great plan Moogie!
No probs, sounds like a good idea to me too :)
31 posts Page 1 of 3