The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Attention British Male 5:2ers!!
17 Jun 2013, 13:55
I've been contacted by a publisher who needs to source a male 5:2er for a brief telephone interview with a supermarket magazine for a forthcoming feature.

If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP, thanks.

@dominic
@breadandwine
@PhilT
I'm jumping in here on the boys thread but please be very careful! My hubby attracted a lot of interest from these mags when he won a national SW comp a few years ago. I'm guessing were talking things like Heat and Time out and various others that are on the checkouts emblazoned with sensationalist stories. We got lots of these mags at the door and they are not out to publish facts! They are looking for you to drop out any little gem that they can latch onto and twist until its about as far from the truth as you can get it. We had a certain amount of protection via the SW media team but please be awfully careful what you sign and what you say.

I'm in no way being patronising or doubting your intelligence fellas. I'm not like that but they caused us a hell of a lot of grief and I don't want to think any of you might go the same way!

Be very sure that you are allowed to see any proofs before they publish and that you are allowed to veto the article if you aren't happy with it. A lot want you to sign away the right to veto prior to the interview and then you are stuffed if they publish as your legal right to prosecute is gone!
Thanks for the heads up Miffy and Moogie. Hope someone will go for this but not me, thanks. BTW, @Moogie I see you tagged me for this but I didn't get any notification by PM (which is how I am set up) - is the tagging working?
It should be working - try changing your settings, perhaps it didn't set everyone's default properly. I'll have to look at that after dinner.

Miffy - I wouldn't worry too much as this is a supermarket magazine (as in, the magazine produced by a supermarket) as opposed to a big name publication! But thanks for the heads-up (and sorry to hear about the trouble you had)
Thanks Moogie. Probably a whole different kettle of fish then. We had a real eye opener! I truly wouldn't wish it on anyone. It made what should have been a celebration into a rather miserable time. Hopefully, with this being linked to a supermarket with a reputation to consider, anyone going for it would find that the people concerned are more ethical about printing the truth. Hope you didn't mind me chipping in but the fellas have helped me a lot with their advice over the last weeks and I'd hate one of them to suffer as we did.
*bump*
I've got a volunteer but is anyone else interested?
I will happily write something for them if that helps.
I think they want a quick chat on the phone. Do you mind if I pass your email address to the publisher so she can let you know more about it?
Hi Moogie

I don't mind a quick chat about IF - you can give them my email if you wish.
Thanks very much! I'll pass the details on shortly :)
You certainly can.
Thanks Simon :) Sending now!
13 posts Page 1 of 1