The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Update on the FastDay situation
18 Nov 2016, 16:49
Hi all,

Just a quick topic to say that the handover of FastDay back to my ownership is underway!
(if you've been living under a rock, catch up here:
announces/important-fastday-has-reached-a-crossroads-t15307.html
announces/the-fastday-crossroads-your-opinion-matters-t15323.html )

I'm in the process of copying things over to my server & doing some testing. I had hoped to be able to delay this until the Spring, but it seems the current hosting for FD is only covered until Christmas Eve! So, I'd best get cracking.

At some point in the next week or so, I will need to disable the forum and complete the move & domain transfer. I'm afraid this could result in a day or two of downtime, but I'll do my best to keep it as short as possible - and ideally over a weekend when this place is less busy, and I have a little more time to deal with it.

I plan to remove the site's secure certificate, as there is no need for it really (no payment details being taken of any kind, no addresses etc) - it just slows things down and is an expense we could do without.

Apologies if I have to get this done with only short notice to you all, it's going to be a case of when I get the opportunity to do it. I'm hoping next weekend.

Thanks for your ongoing support :)
thank you for the update.. downtime noted.

looking forward to having it back in your hands thanks Moogie
Moogie wrote: Hi all,

Just a quick topic to say that the handover of FastDay back to my ownership is underway!
(if you've been living under a rock, catch up here:
announces/important-fastday-has-reached-a-crossroads-t15307.html
announces/the-fastday-crossroads-your-opinion-matters-t15323.html )

I'm in the process of copying things over to my server & doing some testing. I had hoped to be able to delay this until the Spring, but it seems the current hosting for FD is only covered until Christmas Eve! So, I'd best get cracking.

At some point in the next week or so, I will need to disable the forum and complete the move & domain transfer. I'm afraid this could result in a day or two of downtime, but I'll do my best to keep it as short as possible - and ideally over a weekend when this place is less busy, and I have a little more time to deal with it.

I plan to remove the site's secure certificate, as there is no need for it really (no payment details being taken of any kind, no addresses etc) - it just slows things down and is an expense we could do without.

Apologies if I have to get this done with only short notice to you all, it's going to be a case of when I get the opportunity to do it. I'm hoping next weekend.

Thanks for your ongoing support :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so glad to see you will be taking the site back and also able to focus on your health. NB The only option to reply was "Reply with quote" and I seem to be stuck in your post instead of a proper response immediately below yours.

On another note, I wanted to start a new post but have never been able to find the new post button , hence replying on the back of this one, so please excuse me if i am being thick and not noticing something obvious. My battery in scales has gone flat and I am still deliberating about buying new scales; this means I am only using tape measure at present. The Tracker will not allow me to update measurements only and insists I input a weight. Would it be possible to amend the requirement for weight? Best wishes and so glad to know the site will keep going.
3 posts Page 1 of 1