The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

58 posts Page 1 of 4
I had an interesting email recently and as a result we have our first forum competition! Read on...

The lovely folks behind a new supplement have offered one lucky winner from our forum a 3 month supply of the 5:2 Fast Formula, the first supplement designed for 5:2 dieters.

Win a 3 month supply of 5:2 Fast Formula!

Now, I know we all have different views about supplements. I've tried a few in the past for various reasons and some have worked while others haven't. I'm going to give this one a try and post about how I get on with it after a few weeks. Meanwhile, let me tell you a little more about the product...
What encourages me about this one however is the fact that it's based around Konjac root, which as you may know is where those miracle shirataki noodles come from. We've all heard about the benefits of konjac in terms of helping you to feel full.

Here's what the official website has to say about it:

The 5:2 Fast Formula is a powerhouse of natural ingredients designed to make you feel full and to replenish lost nutrients and minerals lost by fasting. The core ingredient to the formula is Konjac extract.

Konjac slows the absorption of sugar and cholesterol from the digestive tract, helping to control sugar levels. Konjac delays gastric emptying and slows the release of sugar into the bloodstream, which helps to lower levels of insulin & blood glucose.

The formula also includes, copper, Iron and other B Vitamins essential to the body’s break down of fat and the production of usable energy, nutrients that are lost in the body due to fasting.

I'm looking forward to trying the product myself, especially as my losses have slowed down somewhat in recent months. Well, I've been doing this almost a year and am near my goal so this is hardly surprising - but this also means it's a good time to see if the claims about this product are true.

Now, as a community we've not really been keen on competing with one another (we're not here to be judged!) - so the competition doesn't involve anything by which you will be judged, all you need do is as follows:

If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning, simply use the 'Share on' links below to share this forum post on either Facebook, Twitter or Google+ and post a reply to this topic saying 'Shared!'

The competition deadline is Friday August 30th 2013 at midnight UK time.
The winner will be announced on Saturday August 31st 2013.

(Please note that this topic is purely for entering the competition, discussion of the product will be moved to a separate topic to make it easier for me to keep track of entries!)

EDIT:
My experiences with the supplement can be found here:
5-2-diet-chat-f6/trying-out-the-5-2-fast-formula-t7967.html
Shared

First thing I've ever tweeted, my myriad followers (5) will be shocked
Shared on Twitter!

About the same as SianS said ... I don't tweet much, but I do have an account and a few followers :)
Shared! Twitter @glennhutton
Shared on Twitter (and may I say how honoured I am to be one of the 14 followed by the forum on Twitter!) Thanks!
Shared on Twitter. Sounds interesting! :smile:
Shared on facebook.
Shared! (on Twitter @gavrc)
58 posts Page 1 of 4