June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4
17 posts Page 1 of 4

Additional features :)

by Moogie » 06 Apr 2013, 21:18

Hi all,

Well I'm still working on the new recipes section and it is coming along well although not as quickly as I'd like.

Tonight I've decided to add a few new features, two of which I have now finished setting up and the third of which I am about to do!

• News Page (link along the top bar) - this will display the latest topics from the 'read first' forum in a blog/news style layout. I'm hoping to find a way to hide/remove the forum itself to free up a bit of space on the home page.
  • Username [...]

Wow! A day of records :)

by Moogie » 09 Apr 2013, 11:38

Looks like news of 5:2 is spreading like wildfire!

Monday is always the busiest day at the forum and yesterday was no exception. We had an amazing 120+ new registrations between 9pm Sunday and 9pm Monday night (thanks to Dom for his continued stats on this!) and beat our previous 'most users ever online' by 31 users. The record now stands at 230 users online at the same time. Amazing!

Thanks to everyone who has helped spread the word about the forums and more importantly this wonderful way of [...]

'Resource Limit Reached' errors - sorry!

by Moogie » 17 Apr 2013, 13:08

Sorry to everyone who has been experiencing the 'Resource Limit Reached' errors recently. It looks as though the site is outgrowing its hosting quite rapidly.

If you receive these errors, please do not keep refreshing the page as this won't help matters! Just wait a minute before trying again and this should allow the server to free up some memory/CPU to cope. It only seems to be an issue at the busiest times on the forums. Unfortunately, more and more times of day are becoming busy.

I am curr [...]

More about the errors...

by Moogie » 18 Apr 2013, 07:34

Looks like part of what is responsible for the errors is the way phpbb displays users avatars via a script instead of just loading up the image file. I've got loads of work on today so can't look into any addons which change this but meanwhile I've disabled avatar display for guests, to reduce server load. I may also try reducing the number of posts displayed per topic page as a stop gap while looking into server upgrades.

I shall also look at adding an avatar gallery took give users a selectio [...]

Tracker Adjustments

by Moogie » 18 Apr 2013, 16:24

In further bid to reduce load on the server I've made some further changes to the tracker. It shouldn't look any different though :)

The pie charts on filtered results are now generated by just one script as one large image, much like the charts on your main tracker page now are. This should reduce server load a bit when multiple users are using the tracker filter as each page load will now have 7 less scripts running and less image-generating processes.

Let's hope this helps :)

My next plan [...]

17 posts Page 1 of 4

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!