September 3
August 7
July 6
June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4

by Moogie » 29 Jul 2014, 15:06

I think we've all noticed it's been a bit quiet here lately (even in my relative absence I've been able to see that!). I guess it's not a popular time of year for newbies to start (most people seem to start in the autumn or just after the winter holidays). It's difficult at this time of year for a lot of folks with kids off school, going away on holiday etc... but it's a shame to see this place so slow.

I don't think it's down to the FD changeover, I know we went through the same sort of thing last summer. I gather a lot of you are using the Google hangout instead/more than the forum - it's great folks are enjoying chatting in real time, but I must admit I do still love using a forum, where conversations are preserved for posterity and ease of searching. I wonder what the newbies think turning up to find this place a bit quiet? Many of them need and like the encouragement of a busy forum!

So, what can we do to get this place buzzing again? Well in recent weeks I've been chatting a lot with the rest of the team about ways to encourage more people to sign up as well as ways of keeping folks coming back for more - so rest assured that even when I've not had enough time to be here myself, I've been helping to work on ways to bring new life to the community! More on that as and when things are ready, I don't want to be making promises that I can't fulfil as quickly as I would like.

Anyway, in the meanwhile I thought it might be fun to get some ideas from you all for another community event here at the forum. In the new year we had our community awards ceremony which I think a lot of us enjoyed. I'm sure we'll do another for the next anniversary too! But, what can we do for fun here? It's summer and the sporty season so maybe we can have some kind of "forumwealth games" or a game of "forumball"?! Bear in mind I have no idea what these are or how they would work! Can we invent something fun and forum-based (and more importantly, community-based) together? What about an adopt-a-newbie week? Everyone could take a new member under their wing and support them specifically through their first week of fasting and their first week around the forum! Sort of like the buddies tent, but with a regular/longer term member and a new member?

Let's have your ideas - what fun can we have here together? :D

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!