The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast Saturday, Oct. 11
11 Oct 2014, 01:44
I should be running a half marathon but instead I'm in the couch listening to the wind howl. Usually typhoons mean junk food and drinking, but I'm going to fast today. Wish me luck!
Re: Fast Saturday, Oct. 11
11 Oct 2014, 02:29
Good luck too you, @MaryAnne! Stay fast in your resolve to stick with the program, I know you will do it. Don't forget there's always hot tea, green tea, white tea, rose tea, miso soup, chicken bouillon to keep you going.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
11 Oct 2014, 05:08
Hi @MaryAnn, I will try to join you today, since it is now 4pm and I haven't eaten because I have been so busy. Haven't felt hungry either, but now that I am home it is going to be more difficult - I do find late afternoon more challenging.
We have a roast tonight, so I might not stick to the 500 cals. Will see how I go. :)
NB Probably the reason I have not been hungry is due to the THREE desserts I had last night! I have been experimenting with our thermal cooker and had made chocolate pudding, rice pudding and baked apple. Baked apple not so bad, calorie and nutrition-wise, although I did add custard - and cream to the other desserts. But I thoroughly enjoyed them all. And have no regrets about eating them. And weight was ok this morning :)
Best wishes to you and anyone else fasting today :D
11 Oct 2014, 08:10
Good luck super satday fasters!
So courageous to fast on a weekend ! :like: x
11 Oct 2014, 11:46
Very quiet re fasting today! Had the roast and leftover baked apple, around 600 cals I think but that is fine, since this is an extra fast day to balance the extra 500 cals (at least) I had yesterday!
Hope MaryAnn went ok and I wonder if there will be any other Saturday fasters who check in here? Good luck to you if you do! :)
PS Saturday fasting, during the day at least, is quite easy for me, as I have regular commitments that keep me busy til mid afternoon.
11 Oct 2014, 11:51
I'm in for my usual Saturday fast - third of the week. Might struggle a bit because it's quite cold and we refuse to put the heating on!
11 Oct 2014, 13:43
I'm in for a Saturday fast, going well so far :) have a pile of ironing to keep me busy :(
11 Oct 2014, 13:53
I'm fasting today. I weighed this morning and am at the upper limit of the two pound 'buffer' that I allow myself over my goal weight. :shock: I know that I have been eating 'not wisely - but too well' over the last couple of weeks. I thought that I had got away with it but the scales tell a different story, so a few fasts are called for! :oops:
8 posts Page 1 of 1