The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Anyone else in today or am i BillyNoMates? :razz: xx
Hi @CandiceMarie, I am pleased you feel up to fasting again. I was with you until 2, then I opened my window (on Settle station)! Good luck for the rest of today.
Me and finding it tougher than usual. Roll on bedtime!!!!
Thanks @barbarita! Youre always so encouraging!
Settle station sounds good..where you off on an exciting trip?
@elegantly wasted saturdays are always a bit harder than weekdays I think..
Something in us says Saturday = Treats!
Keep strong..try reading the 15 fasting benefits article ive just posted..it just might help xx
CandiceMarie wrote: Thanks @barbarita! Youre always so encouraging!
Settle station sounds good..where you off on an exciting trip?

It was an adventure. Firstly because of a landslide the train does not start at Carlisle at the moment so instead of a 3 minute drive to the nearest station I had to defrost the car at 7.30 and drive to Appleby where it costs £2 to park, grrr! It was a good thing I arrived with some time in hand because the train left 8 minutes earlier than the time DH had kindly looked up for me on the web earlier this week. The guard said I should check again next week as it may be different again ...

The plan was to do the next walk in my book, which was 9 miles from Settle to Horton-in-Ribblesdale via the Celtic Wall and Moulton Fell. The author said not to do the Moulton Fell bit in mist (because he likes taking you off the beaten track onto very faint paths, but he did not spell that out!) so I kept changing my mind about it as the train headed along, particularly as it was snowing at Garsdale. When I got there I decided to do the first half to Feizor, and then if I could not see Moulton Fell at that point, to turn back to Settle by road.

Well, once I started climbing the hillside, it started snowing. I wasn't high up, where I was did not even have a name, but the last straw was when the book said I would reach a rise and see the Celtic Wall, which I did not, whatever it was. So I decided to turn right to Little Stainforth instead of left to Feizor. Unfortunately I was off the edge of my Explorer map, so had to rely on the smaller scale map in the book. Although I followed a good track from a ladder stile, I found myself at a locked gate. Past caring, I climbed over and headed towards a road in the distance, fortunately finding another ladder stile and the correct path down to the Ribble. I followed this down to Settle. The riverside path was very muddy and had slippery and awkward wall stiles. On the other hand it went past Booths so I got my free coffee and had a mooch around Settle. The train was on time.

I may try The Walk again next week.
You're so intrepid @barbarita, i take my hat off to you as always :victory:
I hope you're home now all cosy in yr pjs andyr window still open so you can enjoy a nice dinner coming up and maybe a drink or two
Booths is somewhere ive always wanted to visit and i think one has recently opened not far from us in Burscough so will be hotfooting there soon! X :lol:
My days gone ok..have just eaten,prob too many cals for a real fast,but not bad for a satday x
CandiceMarie wrote: You're so intrepid @barbarita, i take my hat off to you as always

I didn't fast this day, but I'm so glad I chose to read the thread anyway! I loved your post @barbarita! There needs to be an intrepid walks thread somewhere so we can get regular updates. And I need to get my butt out of town and walk through nature a bit.
ravingkiko wrote:
CandiceMarie wrote: You're so intrepid @barbarita, i take my hat off to you as always

I didn't fast this day, but I'm so glad I chose to read the thread anyway! I loved your post @barbarita! There needs to be an intrepid walks thread somewhere so we can get regular updates. And I need to get my butt out of town and walk through nature a bit.

There is a Walking thread @ravingkiko, somewhere in the "Tent" area, and I started a hiking one but must confess I let it grind to a halt last year. Perhaps you could revive it?
8 posts Page 1 of 1