The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Are we allowed to swear? :shock:

I can't even begin to tell you what I'm thinking, I'm going crazy!!! It's half a kilo and I just can't lose it, it's madness!!! :curse:

To be honest, perhaps I eat more than I should in the weekend but with two fasts and two attack days weekly, the average is well under my TDEE. :confused:

The next couple of weeks will not be of much help, since it's the peak time of festival season and I want to go to plays and concerts (they involve drinking and staying out till late which means eating out after the event) but I'm thinking of returning to my old friend, syrup diet, for 3 days after I'm done with the social activities. If that won't make it, I don't know what will. :?:

I sincerely hope that my thyroid hasn't decided to not allow me to lose more weight... :cry:
I'm afraid that's not for me. :-)
Oh TML I do so feel your pain ''so near '' yes you are allowed to swear ***
Feel any better? didn't think so, however if it was me I'd enjoy the festivals etc, and then try all your usual tricks, you never know having more ''enjoyment'' than you usually do may kickstart your body.
Good luck, and Enjoy all I'm sure you will :clover: Sue
Thank you, Sue! You are right, thinking about it all the time and stressing over it is not going to help me. :-)
IT'S ONLY HALF A KILO !!!!!
Don't let it beat you down.
Look at what you've achieved. I bet you look and feel fantastic.
Surely half a kilo isn't going to make that much difference to how you look.
I'll bet you're able to wear your skinny jeans!!!!!!
We all like to reach targets we've set ourselves, but don't become so obsessed that you lose sight of the big picture, otherwise you won't be able to enjoy how fabulous you are right now.

So enjoy all your upcoming festivals (that's right up my street)
Revel in your festival attire (probably afore mentioned skinny jeans)
Have a brilliant time and let the last half kilo fall when it may.
After all. IT'S ONLY A HALF KILO :grin:
I know, I know, but I was hoping that I would reach my target and then set a new one.
My skinny jeans are almost OK but it is not jeans weather at the mo (jean capris yes, long ones no) because it is very hot. You won't hear me complaining though, I love the heat!!! :-)
Ah!!! Sorry, I thought this was your final goal.
Still with a bmi of just over 22 I'm sure you still must look fantastic.

You've already experienced the mother of plateaus and stuck through it.
So just hang in there. With 2 fast days and 2 attack days I don't think you could do much more without it becoming totally depressing and I think we all agree that that's the antithesis of this WOL,

So I'll just send you a virtual hug :heart:
Sorry I've not got more practical advice to offer.
But I will again remind you to enjoy what you've already achieved.

And of course if you still need to swear and rant, you know u can always to it here :grin:
No worries, I wasn't expecting for advice, just some sympathy and you gave me plenty so thanks millions! :-)

I guess I'll settle with maintaining for now and then take it from where I left it.
You're on the home straight so just try to relax into it and enjoy all the summer fun. The slower you lose you lose that last little bit (and it is a very wee bit!) the easier you'll find maintenance. And remember this is for life! Well done on your loss so far, you have done a great job. :like:
Yes - defo you can swear !!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :dazed: :curse: :curse: :curse:

What about a little Dukan attack before the festivals etc kick in?? :wink:

It might just work ... :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover:
Silverdarling, I do it every week, it's part of my routine now. Perhaps that's why it doesn't have the results it used to...
TML, I just looked at your chart at actually you are pretty much in target! It seems that a few weeks ago you lost quite a bit and now you are getting back to your trend line. I think you are doing awesome!
Hi TML13 I do feel for you, I can't give you any advice as you know more than me ,I have been lucky with my weight loss ,I have had ups and downs but on the whole relatively straight forward ,I hope you can lose those final few pounds you have done so well
Thank you all soooooo much!

I think I'm doing well measurement-wise because I'm wearing a pair of capri jeans (which Emerald reminded me of without knowing) that I was hardly able to button them up a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I'm not losing weight but I obviously lost a couple of CM off my waist, thighs and butt. :-)
15 posts Page 1 of 1