The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

14 posts Page 1 of 1
I was thinking how varied we are in height and how that greatly effects BMI and weight and shape.
Would it be helpful to add our height measurement below the BMI on the side bar under our avatars to get a better indication? Or would that be too much information?
Just a thought :0)
I like it! I'm 170 cm. I suppose it might be tmi for some people but not me- you all know my weight for goodness sake - height is nothing to be embarrassed about. :like:
I think its a great idea
If it possible, then I think it is a good idea

Ballerina x :heart:
Yes I agree I think it would be a good idea, especially for new members who may look at other peoples BMI & try to go too low because they don't also know the height. But if possible could there be a feet & inches as well as metric option? I still can't operate in thinking metric & it is still meaningless to me :lol:
Isis wrote: Yes I agree I think it would be a good idea, especially for new members who may look at other peoples BMI & try to go too low because they don't also know the height. But if possible could there be a feet & inches as well as metric option? I still can't operate in thinking metric & it is still meaningless to me :lol:

oh me too @isis, I still think in 'old money' when it comes to measurements, luckily I have a double sided tape measure as centimetres just don't register with me! :oops: :confused:
I am old skool as well :) I messed up both my height and weight when I first started converting them to metric :wink:

Thankfully Moogie corrected them for me. I think height is a great idea as well :like:
Um Moogie can we perhaps action this please? Many thanks honey :0)
It's something which I was adding in to the new version of the tracker (which has been a bit on hold due to workload & life for a few weeks!) but I'll see if I can find time to add it to the current version sooner. Bit up to my eyeballs with work coming in from 3 angles, plus house sale/purchase underway!!
I've just added my height to my signature for now. Something we can easily do, can't we dear 5 2ers, to save Moogie the hassle at the moment.
Yes excellent idea Penny
I found the French calulator and translation to be very informative. I'm still 30kg away from even their target but I feel more comfortable with the wrist circumference added. I do know people the same height as me who have such tiny thin wrists you are scared of hugging them because they feel so fragile. When I measure their wrists my finger and thumb overlap, yet with mine I can't even touch the tips of my finger and thumb together. Their HAS to be an allowance for bone density and muscle mass.
Sorry Moogie, ignore me for being a thoughtless gimp. Glad the house is going through ok - woohoo! Hope the work means lots of money too.
Obviously brilliant idea about height in signature box, Penny, just chuck me out in the snow for being a dunce!
As you were everyone :0)
Azureblue, it's a great idea and I'm sure Moogie will action it in due course, so (for now) you can stay indoors and not be chucked out in the snow!!
14 posts Page 1 of 1