The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

15 posts Page 1 of 1
I understand the desire to generate some revenue to cover the costs of running a site like this, but frankly I was shocked to see an ad for 5:2 supplements to aid weight loss (5:2 fast formula) This seems entirely inappropriate and is the sort of thing that should be discouraged.

I'd like to suggest that you review your policy on advertising.
My apologies that you are unhappy about the advert. I honestly thought some users might be interested in the product and agreed to a trial period for the ad. I myself have tried various supplements over the years, some have been great, others not. When I was told about the contents of this one - primarily konjac, the stuff zero noodles are made of, it sounded like it could well 'do what it says on the tin'.

Yes, the ad has received mixed responses, some users don't mind, others are interested in the product and some object. It's a learning experience for me, I've never been approached about advertising like this before so forgive me please if I have made a mistake. If the consensus is that the ad should go then I won't allow them to renew.

For what it's worth, after Friday it will only be on the homepage anyway. I also tried to balance things out by removing the Google-generated ad which was in that spot before, so I wasn't putting on an extra ad.
I personally don't see the problem - as you say, some will like it others won't and you cant always please everyone.

I would much rather see an add running on the site and have this resource for free than have never been able to find this place because it was subscriber only due to server costs.

Also with google ad's in my experience its much harder to control what is advertised so you could have much worse things coming up.
Shocked to see an ad on a 5:2 forum pushing a supplement that claims to be helpful if you wish to lose weight on 5:2?

Really? Really??

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It works every time.
It's just an advertisement. Nobody is being forced to buy it or even click on the ad. I don't see the big deal.
I use Google Chrome as my default browser, and have the AdBlock extension - result no ads
I dont see a problem with this ad we are all adults and we make choices,I personally would not buy this supplement but then thats my choice
I've never even noticed the ad! But then I think I'm fairly adept at ignoring most ads on the internet ;-)

In any case, I'm another that would never buy anything like that.
Moogie, please don't stress over it! People are free to ignore ads of any type. You have a great site here and I think you do a wonderful job.
Oh for crying out loud, this is not a charity, it is a forum and it has expenses.
Agree TML13!

I've yet to see any forum with no ads on it! in fact the web is full of it, all the browsers have them, as you say it cost to run and so somehow the money has to be generated from somewhere and advertisers are only happy to pay :-)
I don't think moogie did anything wrong and need not apologize. :grin: I have no issue with the ad for a diet supplement. We can choose to buy the product or reject it. I for one want to know about new products. Censoring it is not going to help anyone.

Please remember that we don't pay subscription to access this wonderful and informative site. Thanks, moogie!
I am too busy trying to catch up with all the threads and posts to bother about the ads. I trust Moogie will do what she thinks best for running her Forum and thats ok with me. :heart:

Chris x :smile:
I really hope that Moogie doesn't decide against advertising.
15 posts Page 1 of 1