The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Idea...
22 Jul 2013, 15:57
How about a "top tips" stikki post people can add to? There is plenty of advice but you have to trawl to find it all over the forum. One link of tips would be handy to read thru when your resolve is flagging. :grin:
Re: Idea...
22 Jul 2013, 16:20
There is one, but I guess you didn't spot it :)
5-2-diet-f7/5-2-diet-tips-t476.html
22 Jul 2013, 16:33
Hiya Moogie. Do you think it's worth having a sticky section on the home page either above or below the Recent Active Topics section? I get the impression that a lot of Newbies still miss the FAQs along the top bar that Caroline put together as well as finding the top tips easily?

I know @simcoeluv put a lot of good posts together and newbies found these really useful (even though most of the information was to be found elsewhere) - these could go as stickies on the Home Page too.

You're the expert on these matters of course...

Julie
23 Jul 2013, 12:54
I'm not even sure a lot of newbies actually scroll down the first page much to find these things, hence putting them in brightly coloured circles in the header to draw attention to them. Some people will always just ask first rather than searching ;)

However I'm sure we can find somewhere to put some of these really useful posts. Maybe I'll set up a page with links directly to some of our 'hot topics' so to speak. Will have a ponder. Feel free to post links here to any of the topics you think are most worth highlighting!
23 Jul 2013, 16:53
Yes I agree. I think you could put the FAQs etc in flashing neon lights though and some people would still miss them! I think the header and all the links at the top are fantastic but just thought that people who frequent forums a lot are maybe not used to seeing something so sophisticated as what you have created and are more familiar with seeing a sticky section at the top of the home page? I dunno though because I don't use other forums. I love this one for the more technical side to it ie. progress tracker and nerdy corner.

Another thing I've noticed is that because there are so many newbies joining (which is great) the Introductions tend to swamp the Recently Active Topics section which makes older topics drop off quickly. I think poor @Franglaise was finding the Maintenance section quite quiet lately. Possibly this could be one of the reasons why?
23 Jul 2013, 17:08
I didn't really mean the FAQ type stuff - more the random tips like "watch your fav film with your ideal slim person in when you feel like giving in" etc.
6 posts Page 1 of 1