The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Plans for food diary?
17 Aug 2013, 22:41
It is certainly great to read posts on successful 52ers who are consistently losing weight each week. I think it would confirm more me, what they were eating during the day in a food diary set up.
To read that they have been good most of the time is great but too general.

Any plans for this?

Thankyou for reading :smile:
Re: Plans for food diary?
18 Aug 2013, 13:21
Well part of the beauty of 5:2 is that we don't have to keep a food diary or count calories on a regular day.

I have personally noticed however, that I almost never snack anymore. I used to eat between meals all the time, and now, I just don't. I have learned what it is to feel hungry and I don't eat until I'm hungry. Yesterday, I ate a lovely breakfast (tartiflette!) at 9am, and then I forgot to eat lunch - I wasn't hungry until 4pm. So I had a banana and then my son and I went to an early dinner (where I pretty much made up for skipping lunch!)

I have also noticed that my portion sizes are smaller now, for the most part.
18 Aug 2013, 13:32
I also enjoy the variety of foods and flexibility of choosing which day will be my 'fast' day and after keeping a food diary on MFP for the first four weeks to stabilize portion sizes and calorie counts I enjoy the freedom of being able to eat what I want when I want - in moderation! When I am on a fast day and want something I tell myself I can have it the next day (quite often forgotten about it by then) and if I do over-indulge, well, tomorrow's another day!
18 Aug 2013, 13:58
I have a general food plan for the week. But its more to keep my household costs down by making the most of what food we have for the weekend.

I just jot down what we are having for the week and star the fast days so that if anyone else is cooking they know to make the meal low calorie eg. grill not fry if its needed.
4 posts Page 1 of 1