The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

2 posts Page 1 of 1
interval reports?
26 Feb 2013, 16:00
I know we have Progress Reports, but wonder if it be useful to have a section set up by time periods. This occurs to me because I missed Snorvey's "six months on the 5:2" from ages ago, as I don't always look at the forum every day; I only saw it today when it rose up to the top because of a reply. And wow, that was fascinating reading, really useful stuff to know, and rare to get this insight into the long term.

So, if there were sections people could post a brief update in, and newbies could go to and get inspiration, for, say 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc, we could see how this works for various people over different lengths of time, and see how many are sticking with it long-term.
Re: interval reports?
01 Mar 2013, 15:24
Nice idea, Emm.
I am 6 months into the diet and now find it really is a way of life. I usually fast Mondays and Thursdays but push them forward or back if social events come up.
Christmas and a course of anti-inflammatories caused a pause and a slight increase and I can be fairly greedy on non fast days so have been keeping an eye on this. It means I don't lose weight rapidly but a slow and fairly steady decrease overall is fine.
Recently, I've been pleased to see I don't seem to need to snack in the evenings or give myself so many treats during the week as before and regularly go from dinner through to lunch on non-fast days with nothing but water or black coffee so hope I am building up extra benefits there, too.
I reached my original goal last month but there was still a good layer of chubbiness overall so have reduced it by another 5 lbs. Only 3 lbs to go and then I will pause on 6:1 for a while to see if the residual tummy fat spreads itself around.
This diet really does get easier and easier and I love seeing my clothes look better. At my age dieting means a few more facial lines by, hey, they are worth it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1