The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Information for newbies
28 Apr 2013, 12:16
Sorry to start a new thread,(hope this is the right place), but I thought that somewhere, (cannot find again but sure I came across it at the bottom of a page somewhere or am I dreaming!), I found a section which had information for new members regarding 5:2 and the forum,
and I also think that in getting side-tracked when reading various posts I came across a mention that perhaps it would might be an idea to add a link to this to the registration acknowledgement email.

I realise this is an extra job and wonder how on earth Moogie and the moderators do all they do (thankyou one and all), but to save people like me who are new to forums and perhaps like me didn't notice this information immediately, is it possible to link to the registration email or perhaps put a permanent link at the top of the home page?
Re: Information for newbies
28 Apr 2013, 12:27
Great idea cmce! I've moved it to the Suggestion Box for you so that Moogie will see it. :)
28 Apr 2013, 13:07
I'll copy the message and sticky it in the help forum :)
28 Apr 2013, 13:10
28 Apr 2013, 13:38
Information gratefully received - first day trying to find my way around the forum and messages! Had lost 5kg - went to England and ate myself silly for 8 days and am now back where I started 2 months ago... too too sad! Hoping this 5.2 fasting diet is going to sort me out once and for all!
:curse:
28 Apr 2013, 14:13
Does this letter go out to every new member? If not, it seems a bit buried, all the way at the bottom of the main page hidden in another forum. It's a great letter and very helpful, I just think it should be a bit easier to find. Maybe in a 'balloon' at the top? Easy access?
28 Apr 2013, 14:16
Yes, the message is now sent out to all new members :)
We did have something similar at the top of every forum, but it seemed a bit unnecessary to keep have it up there all the time for all users! I've just put the copy of it up in that thread for now for any recent members who joined up before the automated message was set up.
28 Apr 2013, 14:33
Ok, thanks. I seem to remember seeing the previous message and clicking every link when I joined but never wondered where or when it disappeared. lol
8 posts Page 1 of 1