The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Food staples
02 Oct 2013, 11:01
Just wondering what everyones food staples are on fast days. What is your usual daily meal/a.d. For me I usually have tuna salad or roasted veggies with feta on top. Just curious as to what people have as their fave fast day meal.
Re: Food staples
02 Oct 2013, 11:11
Mine atm is chicken and veg stir fry, not too much in the way of calories and lots of veggies to boot.
02 Oct 2013, 11:12
I (and the family) love recipes from the Hairy Dieters Cookbook, whether it be a fast day or not. Some favourites: chicken Jalfrezi, easy crispy chicken, chicken and mushroom risotto - what can I say, we love chicken! :grin:
02 Oct 2013, 11:37
I have had different phases. To start with it was a piece of protein, a big plate of green veggies and a piece of fruit.
Then I had a slim noodle phase.
I'm now on liquids only. It started with cauliflower soup but I'm now on coffee/butter/coconut oil.
I'm sure I will have a new phase very soon :grin:
02 Oct 2013, 13:13
My faves are the chicken/veggie stirfry or an egg scramble with spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and oregano in it.
02 Oct 2013, 13:39
Currently, Salmon with a huge salad. If and when the weather cools a bit, I'm sure I'll be back with the stir-fry's. :)
02 Oct 2013, 22:02
I often make shakshuka on fast days and have it as my breakfast at around 3-4-pm. It's basically spicy tomatoes baked in the oven with an egg on top. In the evening I'm most likely to make a chicken couscous salad using a recipe in the Skinny 5:2 For One cookbook. I do try and vary my meal choices but I always come back to those two!
7 posts Page 1 of 1