The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

30 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Better than cup a soup?!
07 May 2013, 08:02
Hi, I too love my marigold drink on fast days, have checked out Miso but can`t find one that doesn`t contain fishpaste which is off the menu for me as a vegetarian. Does anyone know where I can find a veggie version?

Enjoying a post fast day bowl of nutty granola!

Val
08 May 2013, 03:29
Jaffer wrote: If you find Marigold in Adelaide Marie, can you let us know. I would like to try it as well.

Hey Jaffer
You haven't posted your exact location so not sure how helpful this is - well not helpful at all really because I haven't had any success.
I've been to the tea tree plaza healthy life shop, which is pretty well stocked and NO marigold bullion other products containing marigold :confused: but not what we are after.
The website says its stocked In Adelaide - I'm in Greenwith but I'm off Friday to Barcelona and cruising, I'll be away 6 weeks so if you find it in the meantime please let me know too! :smile:
Cheers
08 May 2013, 08:32
When I'm trying to find something in Greece I usually start with the mother company in the UK or elsewhere. I email them and ask them if they export and who are their suppliers for Greece/Europe.
Why don't you start from there?
08 May 2013, 09:19
Thanks for letting me know Marie. I'm actually over in Lincoln but travel to Adelaide for work occasionally so was hoping to get some when over. I will keep searching while you are away.

Very envious of your travel plans. Have a great time. :lol:
Cheers, Jenn
08 May 2013, 11:26
Hey Jaffer
I went to the city as well today - and I did find it - woo hoo
It's in Gawler Place opposite City cross arcade at Foods for Life - today they only had one large 1kg tub for $27 I didn't want to buy such a huge tub with only one choice - anyway the lady says she orders twice a week so gets stock In Regularly the smaller tubs are about $9:50.
So check it out next time you come over
08 May 2013, 11:36
tesco also seem to do a reduced salt version also

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =252947761

:)
08 May 2013, 11:44
Here's the link Moscow. Costs about £4 here I think. having a mug as I type. really tasty. A great standby for fasters! http://www.marigoldhealthfoods.com/
08 May 2013, 12:26
Marie, why don't you get a few stock cubes from Barcelona? Stock cubes from Italy, Spain, France are much better than the ones we have and use.
08 May 2013, 12:50
Good idea. I'm coming through Pireaus - for people,to go to Athens.
Want to come,say hi?
08 May 2013, 12:55
Anyone have suggestions for Australian similars?
08 May 2013, 12:59
If I'm not working, YES!!! Send me a PM with dates and details! :-)
08 May 2013, 13:32
TML13 wrote: If I'm not working, YES!!! Send me a PM with dates and details! :-)

Amazing!
Will do :cool:
08 May 2013, 13:42
magpie wrote: Anyone have suggestions for Australian similars?

Hallo Magpie, Yes there are Australian similars for us as mentioned in an earlier email to Marie2mil which you might have missed :-

http://www.massel.com.au/products_consumer.shtml

I do use these products (Woolies certainly; can't remember if have bought from Coles) but will now rush of the cupboard and check on calories - just done - unfortunately have thrown away the packet with the nutritional details for the stock cubes but have various tins of stock powder and the vegetable stock shows 150ml is 3.6 calories and no nasties. So that looks good for those hungry moments.
08 May 2013, 13:48
If you can find it Chicken Bovril is fab, more tasty than Marigold, and about the same calories
08 May 2013, 14:02
Jenn
Since your in Lincoln you might like to try this online link for Aussie buyers

http://www.aussiehealthproducts.com.au/marigold.php
30 posts Page 2 of 2