The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Anyone ever had Nutrisaveurs...
06 Jun 2013, 16:22
In 5 weeks i'm going on a 3 weeks vacation. Looking forward to it, but i would hate to get back and gained everyting i lost.
So i was looking at a webshop in the Netherlands where i live for ready to go meals and found some of this brand:

http://www.nutrisaveurs.fr/old/index.php?page=03C_plats

does anyone ever had those or similar meals? It seems an easy way to make sure i wont go bananas on my fast days if i eat one or even two of those.

Any input on how you all handle vacations abroad is muchly appreciated :-)
We are facing a 10 day trip to France. Hubby had been considering doing 16:8 for the time - which is where you fit all of your eating for the day into an 8 hour window, which gives your body 16 hours each day to fast and repair.

I'm not sure I like that idea myself, as a breakfast of croissants and coffee every morning is very nearly my idea of heaven. Seems pointless to go to France and skip that!!

Another idea DH is tossing around is to do a modified 4:3. He calculates that if you have three fast days at 1000 calories per day, it's much the same as 2 fast days with 500 calories, when you do fast days the way we do (i.e. we don't consume any calories before our 6pm dinner on fast days).

*My idea* is to just go on vacation, and make an effort to engage in more exercise than usual to burn off the excess calories. :pig:
I prefer your idea Tracie! ;-)

I mean to say...its only 10 days so that's only what 3 fast days missed? I'd fast on the flight there and back (as it's meant to help with jet lag) and then that's only one fast day missed...
I agree wit Tracie. How many holidays do we have? How many days do we get the chance to just relax and do/eat stuff we like? It's not worth it to spoil it with food-related worries.

You know what you could do, Petravv? Do 4:3 for 2 weeks before your holiday and then for another 2 after you come back. That will certainly compensate for all your eating while your on your holiday.
Thanks all, i think i will do the 4:3 right before and after my vacation and during i will do 6:1. I can fit in a no breakfast and no lunch and yummie salad in once a week i'm sure ;-)
Sounds like a good plan!
6 posts Page 1 of 1