The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Brown bread??
10 Jun 2013, 10:50
I just noticed that the brown bread I usually eat is 76cal a slice. Anyone know of a bread that is less then that? Wheaten perhaps?
Re: Brown bread??
10 Jun 2013, 11:12
I think you will find that half a slice will weigh in at 38 calories, not, perhaps, the answer you were hoping for but it's the best I can do when full of red wine. I'm sure someone will be along soon with a much more sensible, and helpful, answer! Cheers

Ballerina x :heart:
10 Jun 2013, 11:24
Ha ha ballerina glad someone is ensuring (French) vineyards have a solid future. I do the best I can in the southern hemisphere if not in a situation of closed windows ... sigh
Sorry scubelle I am not going to say anything sensible about bread. I have so little bread now since 5:2ing that when I do I make sure it is a really lovely bread. Am moving towards baking my own so that I know what is it.
Someone sensible will help you out:)
10 Jun 2013, 11:59
Thanks all, I'm not usually in need of bread, but it's one of those days.
10 Jun 2013, 12:58
Since bread has so few ingredients, I don't think there's much you can do to lower the calorie content per gram...you can eat less of it by cutting it thinner or getting more air into it but then it will be less satisfying...or having a really high fibre variety...perhaps look out for a high fibre loaf?
10 Jun 2013, 13:29
Prior to 5/2, when I was calorie counting, I even bought a bread maker to try to make lower cal bread. tried all sorts but as Carorees says very few places you can cut out the calories. (The weight watchers bread is just small slices and full of air!)

I now just save it for a non fast day. I now treat myself after a fast day to making a special loaf, free from any worry or guilt
6 posts Page 1 of 1