The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Amazing oxo
11 Feb 2013, 16:00
Just totally zapped all hunger pangs with a cup of oxo! Amazing little drink but slightly worried about salt content?!

Anybody else like using oxo on fat days to get you through? I know that there are some reduced salt oxos so maybe I will try them next fast day.

V x
Re: Amazing oxo
11 Feb 2013, 18:42
I use Marigold Organic Swiss Vegetable Boullon, it's reduced salt and 15 calls for a cupful keeps the hunger pangs nicely at bay.

Teeny tiny little pieces of veg in it too - funny what you notice when you're on a fast day isn't it?!

I might try oxo for a change too...
11 Feb 2013, 19:47
I don't think the salt content is a problem on fast days because you are eating so little anyway. There is some thought that it may even help with preventing headaches. Of course if you are living on it on a fast day that would be different.
19 Feb 2013, 14:39
where can i buy boullon
19 Feb 2013, 21:23
I have a cup of Bovril at lunchtime to make me feel more sociable and give me the 'taste' of food (am surrounded by 6th Form pupils eating lunch - Bovril is a better bet than school dinners at any rate!!)
24 Feb 2013, 14:34
Similarly I've been drinking bovril I prefer the chicken one but the beef one does have less calories, the chicken one is only 16 calories though.

I've also found hartleys sugar free jelly pots at less than 10 calories a pot help me feel full on little calories as do a couple stalks of celery at about 14 cals per 100g

I quite often have the above for lunch ie a mug of bovril two stalks of celery wich I try to cut into thinner sticks so I'm eating for longer followed by the jelly. Avoid cranberry and raspberry flavour though it tastes of nothing and is unpleasant The passion fruit and blackcurrant ones are ok though.

Also I've found that adding lime cordial to fizzy water as a treat with dinner. I buy the tesco like cordial wich is 6 cals for a 250 ml glass. So that lots under 50 cals.

Leaves plenty for a good dinner.
01 Mar 2013, 13:09
Trying Oxo now! In fact it's OK.....

Best buy more in...

Thanks for tip x
02 Mar 2013, 08:28
Or miso soup - a teaspoon of paste is only 10 calories.
9 posts Page 1 of 1