The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

23 posts Page 2 of 2
If the goal is filling yourself up then there's soup and salad way ahead of the queue before I'd, importantly, spend money on them. The price of a pack is about ten times what you'd pay for a pack of Indomie (the God of cheap noodles, in my humble opinion) and would fill a wheelie bin with salad.

I always get back to the idea that if you're trying to trick yourself, with pills, potions or Frankenfood (if I start sounding any more Daily Mail somebody shoot me), then it's only going to be a short term short-cut. The big lesson I've learned since I started 5:2 is that I don't need to have a full belly all the time, and portion control. The two things I've learned are accepting I don't need to have a full belly, portion control AND SURPRISE!

Think I got up too early. Back to bed.
I don't think that's really fair DashingBob. I don't think I'm tricking myself by having a bit of a full belly on fast days.. it's whatever makes it easier?
I prefer to have them on feast days aswell. To be honest the difference is so small in taste (to me) that it seems silly (for me) to waste so many calories on rice and pasta - when they're not overly nutritious foods anyway.
That's just my thoughts anyway.
Lil :heart:
I'd definitely be interested. I am ok with the noodles in a stir fry, though not enough to want to try the pasta yet. If there was a 50/50 product I would definitely try the past and I'm sure I'd enjoy the noodles a lot more. I find them tolerable but obviously not as nice so 50/50 sounds a great compromise.
I'd try them but it would rather depend on what was in the other 50pct. Yes if it was rice, no if it was wheat. I'm ok with konjac, but can't bear kelp noodles - they smell gross. I had a bit of a :doh: moment the other day in that normal vermicelli rice noodles (the ones without eggs or wheat), are pretty low calorie and are lovely in a soup/pho. I found some lurking the cupboard. I doubt that they are overly calorific and a good alternative for those who can't bear the texture and smell of konjac.
I found the rice and noodles on amazon! :smile:
@Moogieas you know I have tried several brands of these konjak noodle products. The bare nakeds are the best, smell wise. But it's the texture which messes with my brain. If they were softer I'd be able to eat them no probs. so yes "I'm in" I will even try them out if they need a guinea pig.
I wonder if I could try to make some? If I could get hold of the stuff they extract from konjac to make the noodles and then mix that in to home made pasta....
Ha ha good luck with that one.. I expect you'll look a bit like Heston when he's inventing some obscure recipe.
23 posts Page 2 of 2