The FastDay Forum

Fasting Windows

35 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Anyone do 16/8 IF?
14 Aug 2014, 10:58
16:8 question. Some people have said they do 16:8 every day. Have you done this and if so have you had good results with it? I need to find a way of eating that is sustainable for me and that doesn't allow the self-sabotage/binge eating to kick in on normal days. When I fast I am like a human vacuum the next day despite all my good intentions. I wouldn't normally eat like this (I did binge but not to this extent like 4 times a week before 5:2) but I have the "I'll have it tomorrow" carrot when I'm fasting. So I was wondering if I try 16:8 but cook healthy meals during the 8 hour eating period (simply to try and cut out the mindless bingeing on chocolate, crisps etc) whether it would work for me as a sustainable plan. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
14 Aug 2014, 13:40
Hi @julieroxanne I can't answer your question about 16/8 specifically because I do 19/5, have done for nearly 8 months and that has worked excellently for me. I don't know how I would have got on with the extra 3 hours of potential eating though. Quite a few people on here do 16/8 for maintenance, on its own or with one fast day a week, others use 16/8 on their feed days together with 5:2 or 4:3 for weight loss.

Why not try 16/8 for a while, it may do the job for you. If not, you will have got used to a daily fast and could lengthen it to 17/7 and see how that goes. :clover:
14 Aug 2014, 14:10
Thank you Barbarita, appreciate your reply, I am usually ok not eating until mid afternoon but we eat dinner late :( so may have to do the 16:8 and maybe not go mad in between lunch/dinner :)
26 Jun 2015, 09:43
Hallo there and welcome to this shiny new part of Moogie's wonderland of fasting!
Today I ate a huge break fast after 15 hours fasting as its grandsons sports day, so no opportunity to eat again until 6pm.
My best meal, it comprised a teaspoon of coconut oil with coconut butter, a medium avocado with juice of half a lemon, two soft boiled large organic eggs with iodised salt, two mugs of fresh decaf coffee, one with double cream, two squares of 90% chocolate. It's about 600 calories, 20g protein, 21g carbs, 53g good fats and sets me up for the day.
Soup at 6 then a natural Greek style yogurt topped with chopped nuts and another creamy decaf coffee and that's me for today.
There'll be water and tisanes too, perhaps an apple at sports day ;0)
Have a happy day folks \o/
26 Jun 2015, 10:10
HELLO @Azureblue I have imposed a timed break (until August) from 5:2 and decided to do 18:6 for the next four weeks. I have been doing this for the past two weeks by accident because of several failed fasts. I have not gained any weight and since I am maintaining, I am going to see where this leads me to. Recently I have found that I seem to compensate my fasts by over eating before or after a fast day, so lets see if my eating habits become more mindful.
35 posts Page 3 of 3