The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Just been for a wander in the greenhouse and I've got loads of gem lettuces ready to eat but I'm not feeling 'salady' today ... it's too cold!

Has anyone got a recipe for soup that doesnt have lots of milk and butter in?

Thanks lots :P
http://www.hidethecheese.com/hide_the_c ... -soup.html

That one looks good. I remember Julia Child had a recipe, but I can't find it quickly

Of course it depends on what you mean by "lots" -- this has 3 tbsp butter and 1/2 cup milk.
I like the look of that one Tracie, I 'spose I can use olive oil instead of butter ;)

I found a Hugh Fearnley-Wotsit one that I tried yesterday. It was a lettuce and lovage one with peas in ... I had no lovage so I used a little bit of fresh mint in it and it was lovely.

I spotted quite a few braised lettuce and pea recipes as well, I think it would be really nice to go with a piece of chicken.

It's nice to find different uses for things that are cheap and I have loads of :P
I keep seeing little gem lettuces being served cooked in programmes like Masterchef. They seem to halve them and then pop them in a hot frying pan for a v short time. I think I saw Hugh F-W doing that too...
http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/braised-lettuce.html

I like the look of this one ... sounds really tasty and good to bang in the oven if you've got something else there anyway ;)
5 posts Page 1 of 1