The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Here's a lasagne-type dish, layered with potatoes instead of pasta, and it's only 205 calories! Admittedly, it's vegan, and the cheese substitutes are very low calorie - but try it, it's a very tasty dish indeed. And very filling!

http://www.nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/52-diet-lasagne-layered-with-potato.html

And on another day it's great for using up left-over bolognaise sauce!
That looks great! Would be interested to know whether one could get away with some grated cheese instead of the powder. How did you cook the potatoes after slicing? When I do Dauphinoise potatoes, I par boil the sliced potatoes but don't try to arrange them in the dish because they break up. How do you avoid this in the lasagne?
Hi Caroline

I do parboil the potatoes, but keep a very close eye on them - as soon as I can get a knife through, I drain them and layer up.

Or you could use aubergines...you can play around with this as you wish!

I used to use grated cheese with this dish before I became a vegan - if you used 2 layers, and 25g of cheese for each layer, that would increase the calorie count by 208, by my reckoning - but that's for 2 meals, so 104 for each.

205 + 104 - still comes in at just over 300. And you'd be using less potatoes, with only two layers - that would bring it down a bit.

Someone on Mumsnet suggested using Quark - never used it, myself.

Cheers, Paul

Edited to say you could microwave the potatoes, whole, then slice them up when the potato is cooked! :D
3 posts Page 1 of 1