The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

30 posts Page 1 of 2
This is a filling recipe I found. If you use olive oil spray (x 3 one second sprays - 1 for each bulb of garlic and 1 to soften the shallots) instead of the recommended olive oil and a vegetable or chickens stock cube for stock then half of the whole recipe (a very big, surprisingly creamy and filling bowl of soup) works out to be about 130 calories. It's a good stand alone lunch or dinner for fast days.

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2012/11 ... rlic-soup/
TiareMaori- Thank you so much. Am printing this out now and will definitely make this!
Just made this soup and it is AMAZING, even for a feed day! I made it with my own homemade chicken stock and am stunned at how creamy it is (pureed) and how much it tastes like cream of potato, with neither cream nor potatoes. For a feed day, I would like to add carrots, maybe asparagus, and other yummy things to this! But for tomorrow's fast, I'm all set !! :-)
Mmmm...that sounds delicious. Thank you for posting this. My recipe for cream of potato soup is similar but I've been avoiding it on fast days as it's so heavy on carbs. I'll have to try this as a replacement.
TiareMoari
Wow lovely soup. Thank you so much. Am on a fast and this soup was dinner, just the shot :)
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I stopped eating it to write this post.
It's very very yummy.
I added 50gm of low fat cream cheese, so it's extra creamy.
The 50gm cheese added 70 cals to the pot.
bookmarked - thanks!
Thank you SOOOOO much for this. I just made this and was just amazed how delicious and filling it was. My husband and I both love garlic and this soup just with the roasted garlic was just devine. I will be making this again and again
How much stock (in ml) are people using for 6 cups ?

Sounds lovely, I must try this recipe.

Thanks
Minigill - an american cup is 8 oz (half an american pint) so that should be 227g/ml.

Times six would be 3 pounds, 2.4 pints or about 1400 millilitres.

You could just use 6 cups to measure it out, of course!
Made a double batch of this a few weeks ago. Froze a few individual servings, took one out today, hope it comes back as delicious as it was fresh.
Thanks so much for this great recipe. In the states, cauliflower is a very underused veggie. I will definitely try this!
absolutely gorgeous, but unfortunately those in my family not on the 5:2 ie children like it too much
Oh cal that's good just make it with 2 cauliflowers and put away your supplies in portion sizes in the back of the freezer for you for fast day. Call the container something like stock to fox em
30 posts Page 1 of 2