The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Big boy
16 Aug 2015, 07:33
Tomorrow the youngest son will start his first year at the upper secondary school - ahhhhhgggghhhh, they are so grown up now. I think I'm more nervous than he is, 2000 kids attend each year and that is a whole lot of kids of all sorts if you ask me. Well most of his posse will go there as well (but other programs) as well as his girl "friend" ;) so he's not alone among that hord of youngsters. I'm sure all will be well, but still I woke up in the middle of the nigh with a deadly bout of anxiety :shock: Good thing I have vacation for the next two weeks :)
Re: Big boy
16 Aug 2015, 08:22
That's a proper milestone in life @Wolfie, and one that creates the next big change in your offspring I found. In 6 months he'll be quite a new person and you will be so proud of him. I hope it goes smoothly for him and you. *hugs*
16 Aug 2015, 09:19
Azureblue wrote: That's a proper milestone in life @Wolfie, and one that creates the next big change in your offspring I found. In 6 months he'll be quite a new person and you will be so proud of him. I hope it goes smoothly for him and you. *hugs*

I want through this 3 years ago with my oldest and he moved away from home (180km) !!! Cried every day for several months. This one will at least live at home for a while longer ;)
16 Aug 2015, 12:29
ohh i hate that middle of the night gloom and anxiety..ithink its brought on by our bodies being at a low ebb just before dawn..
Good luck to your boy on his new adventure! An exciting but worrying time for Moms tho xx
16 Aug 2015, 15:11
Very scary for sure! We were lucky because my daughter's schools were always within a block of the high school where I taught. That is also where she attended high school (750-800 students). Small towns, gotta love em! But then she went away to college about 1200 miles away. It was so hard for her dad and me! But, she thrived and is still thriving while finishing law school only 400 or so miles away. :smile:
All that time you have spent and will continue to spend building your relationship and guiding him toward independence will be worth it! :wink:
17 Aug 2015, 08:59
Last night he told me that I had to go with him and find out where he was supposed to be, where I replied "don't you think it would look kind of lame to come to school with your mom?". Well you have to if you want me to find me way....
This morning he told me that we would pick up girlfriend on the way and she knew it all, where they where supposed to be etc etc. Of course, trust a girl to come prepared - grin. Girlfriend was so incredible nervous she almost was unable to speak to me, poor thing.
6 posts Page 1 of 1