The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Just tried doing a couple of tweaks myself which may or may not help...
Thanks @moogie Hope youre feeling a lot better ..how are the cats?
DDs cat has just recovered from a broken pelvis...we were just getting over the trauma of that,when the little pusscat next door got knocked down by a car ..think she's going to be ok.
Can't take any more cat related shocks! X
Hi @CandiceMarie sorry to hear about the ordeal your DD's cat has been through :( They are amazing when it comes to healing though aren't they? Poor next door's cat too, I can't bear the thought of cats in RTAs, it happened to my neighbours' lovely little cat a few years ago, but she wasn't so lucky.

Our lot are fine, thankfully - well, Milo often has a runny eye but nothing nasty looking (he's prone to eye infections anyway). He's due a jab so I'll get the vet to look then. We still haven't let them out properly, as we're going to be catproofing the garden so they'll have some safe outdoor space. It's not that we live in a busy area but there is a main road a short stroll away and two of ours were strays. I can't deal with the stress of worrying about anything happening to them!

As for how I am, well long story short, not the best! Been really low since the 'relapse' (possible clotting incident) and suffering more symptoms. I try to stay chipper but to be honest I'm really fed up of it all and get a bit teary. Today it hurts to breathe deep and I envy anyone who has never had breathing issues, it must be lovely to be able to take it for granted!
Totally commiserate @moogie as have had a long long illness ( 19 years) and i know how frustrating it is when our minds and hearts are eager to get things done,but our bodies won't co operate!
I find it hard too that ive lost a big part of myself..the sociable me who loved being in company. I dont have the stamina for it any more.
Thank goodness we have our furry four footed pals to keep us smiling! Bless them ...
Bigggg huggggs Moogie,thinking of you and hoping you will soon be much better xx
@Moogie,

I am so sorry to hear you have had to deal with a relapse. That has to be very hard to bear.
Site seems to be faster than the previous days for me. Others have the same experience?
Yes, it is much faster than yesterday when I had my first experience of various pages loading more slowly than usual. :like:
Dear @moogie, a belated thanks for your tweak, I thought I would give it a few weeks to be sure, but since the tweak I have not had the problems I described on my Kindle Fire. I only once had a longer-standing experience where tapping the page number did not work while tapping the topic title did, but I regard this as the occasional price-to-pay for using the desktop view on my tablet. Thank you :heart:
Oh dear, I have been really struggling with the forum again on my Kindle for the last few days. Pages keep freezing while I am trying to scroll or resize and sometimes the Silk browser crashes completely. The fault is either with the forum software or with my Kindle. I can't entirely eliminate the Kindle. Provided I stay off this site I can spend time on a variety of other sites and this does not happen is all I can say, but then I do spend a lot of time here. May someone have inadvertently undone your tweak @Moogie? Like an upgrade that has reset something to its default?
24 posts Page 2 of 2