The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

24 posts Page 1 of 2
About half the time I try to browse the forum or post, I am faced with excessive waits for page loads. Sometimes I'll hit refresh and the page appears, and sometimes it doesn't. It's taken as long as 2 minutes for a page to show.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?
HiiiimTracie! Ive had probs but only over the last day or two..and someone else,think it was Merlin,mentioned the same thing x
I've noticed the following: intermittently the Tracker and forum ate not there (blank page) although the site home page is

: sometimes very slow when other sites e.g. Facebook or the BBC refresh instantly

:sometimes the page freezes and I have to close the tab for the forum and start with a new one; occasionally this is not enough and the browser itself stops responding, best thing to do then is shut the tablet down and power it up again.
I must have the slowest broadband in the UK but this loads OK when I'm on my PC. I have given up trying to look at it, when at home, on my iphone 5 or my ipad mini because it's just too slow. I have always just put it down to our broadband speed!
I've asked the tech team to have a look at this. It's odd as it seems to be intermittent!
barbarita wrote: I've noticed the following: intermittently the Tracker and forum ate not there (blank page) although the site home page is

: sometimes very slow when other sites e.g. Facebook or the BBC refresh instantly

:sometimes the page freezes and I have to close the tab for the forum and start with a new one; occasionally this is not enough and the browser itself stops responding, best thing to do then is shut the tablet down and power it up again.
y

Hi Moogie, hope you are well. :smile:

I am having these same issues for a couple of weeks, it wasn't like that previously. I generally log on with my iPad, occasionally with my phone but too slow right now. I don't use my lsptop much but will try it. If it's slow I will let you know in this thread.
I use a laptop to log into this site and it is always slow. Pages take ages to load and it's slow to update.
It's one of the reasons I get fed up with this site, if I'm honest.
It's definitely intermittent. And for me it's pretty much only this site :-( I will occasionally have another random page load slowly, but that's rare.
I guess an intermittent fast forum will have intermittent probs! Heehee!
It IS irritating tho .. X
The slowness is not so intermittent, but the page failing to load is.
yes, since I've been away for a year, it's unfortunately still pretty inaccessible on my iphone, and slowish even on my laptop - I can get to the basic pages, but often the forum pages won't load at all.
I am back on, it has been messed up for the last 15 - 20 minutes (freezing when I try to scroll or resize) from around 0750 BST
I only use my laptop and so far haven't experienced any problems. I have 6Mb internet access.
Living in Cyprus I use Avast antivirus protection on my computer and when that is scanning it slows down all the internet browsing.
I've got fibre optic broadband and this is the only site I have a problem with.
It's been like it ever since it changed to the new site.
@fast_paul any progress on this?
24 posts Page 1 of 2