The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Miniature gardens??
08 Apr 2015, 13:57
I need to get of my thyroid whining, so I know there is a Gardening tent somewhere in here, but dang if I can find it.
When I was a kid I loved tiny miniature toys and did choose a small kitchen with all sorts of things instead of a normal toy stove. Now to my great happiness I have realized that there is such things as miniature gardens. Imagine - gardening and tiny things combined :grin: So I have been doing little googling and found some stores, made a sketch for my first installment and I have ideas for three more. Now I wonder if there is anyone else here who have fallen for this "folly" and if so - do you have any favorite web stores ?

Apart from this I'm happy that my seedlings grow and cuttings grow. Just love to spend time in my greenhouse, make me feel like a better person LOL.
Re: Miniature gardens??
10 Apr 2015, 17:14
Do you mean gardens with tiny plants? I'm not into them but my husband has been playing around with terrariums in old fish tanks. He's used mostly moss and ferns with some stones, wood branches/twigs, and a few small statues/decorations. He gathered the moss from places around town and our yard. He tried a few small plants but they didn't do well.
Re: Miniature gardens??
12 Apr 2015, 11:24
Miniature gardens are like tiny doll houses ;) You can take like a large urn, a window box or something like that and arrange stuff like small plants that look like trees, small houses, stepping stones and whatever your fancy takes you. I have made one sketch so far and will order some things and when the weather is better start to play :D
4 posts Page 1 of 1