The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Oh my GP
24 Mar 2016, 10:42
My GP called me yesterday and told me that since my blood pressure was so high when I was at the emergency room a couple of weeks ago, he wanted to check me up. That is a first in my entire life, that a GP calls me ;o
So I went this morning and I started to half apologize for the elevated BP - yes I know there is too much of me and therefore .... He looked me over and stated "but you are tall!!!, you carry your weight well." And agreed that with my meds, the weight gain is understandable and hard to loose. So he took the BP, twice and it is quite good for my age, genes and so - 135/87. When I was at the emergency room it had been 210/98 - jeeezzzzz, no strange thing they wanted to check that up.
Happy that it was OK and that he wasn't on my case re. the weight. Which I still don't know since I refuse to step on a scale LOL.
Happy "Cut Thursday" = Skärtorsdag :D
Re: Oh my GP
24 Mar 2016, 19:47
good to hear you're OK, wolfie! yeah, bp can jump around due to stress (hey, isn't being in the emergency room stressful???) and "white coat" syndrome. Eh, guess I need to check mine; haven't been doing it regularly since they changed the machines in the stores to these annoying talking ones...
2 posts Page 1 of 1