The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Safari help!
07 Sep 2015, 10:48
I have a Mac Book that I love dearly and have always used Safari as my main browser. But after having re-booted the machine all of a sudden I can't log on to anything via Safari - not the bank, not here, not anywhere....I can logon via Firefox but I don't like it and all my bookmarks are in safari and no matter how I tried I haven't managed to export them.
Anyone have any idea on why this happened and how to solve it? And yes, I have cleaned out most of the cookies. Gashhhhhhh. :curse:
Re: Safari help!
07 Sep 2015, 16:16
Did you upgrade to Yosemite recently?
The following steps have helped me with this problem am not sure if you have already tried these:
1. Empty Caches
Safari > Preference > Advanced
Checkmark the box for "Show Develop menu in menu bar".
Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.
Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.

2. Reset Safari.
Click Safari in the menu bar.
From the drop down select "Reset Safari".
Click "Reset".

3. Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and all other website data:
Press “Remove All Website Data” button

4. Turn off Extensions if any, and launch Safari.
Safari > Preferences > Extensions

And I also used did this:
safari->preference->advance->proxy->auto detect proxy

For some reason one time completely clearing all the caches, cookies and resetting worked, next time it didn't, but when I used the suggestion of auto-detecting proxy settings this worked, I also made sure i selected "Use Passive FTP mode".
I hope you resolve this soon.
08 Sep 2015, 18:46
@skinnyliyoure so techno savvy! I didnt understand any of that! :lol:
Especially the second to last sentence! :lol:
Respect!
09 Sep 2015, 11:18
Skinnyli, I'm in total awe too and thank's for all the info. Did everything xcept the last part (didn't dare cause I don't know what it is and how it works) but it didn't help. So I'm stuck with Firefox for now.
09 Sep 2015, 13:55
Shame am sorry Wolfie..... Hopefully you can sort it all out soon.
28 Oct 2015, 08:22
After several updates of the op.system, Safari is back on track and the log in's work like a clock. Strange isn't it? But happy I am :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1