The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Haggis anyone
25 Jan 2013, 20:20
Burns night tonight, has anyone tucked into haggis? Not an easy thing to squeeze into a fast day but as it was a feast day for me we have tucked into haggis, neeps and tatties, accompanied by the Address to a Haggis read by my hubby in a terrible Scottish accent much to the kids delight.

Next year he needs to wear a kilt too, although a bit chilly at the moment to be traditionally attired!
Re: Haggis anyone
25 Jan 2013, 20:27
Friday night is curry night according to DS, so that's what we had. 850 cals!! Thank goodness it's a feed day!
25 Jan 2013, 21:36
Yes - we did the same, although I did the address to the haggis - pretty awfully though I say so myself :)

I was all ready with the Cranachan as well - but we were all too full to eat it! Thank heavens tomorrow is a feeding day too.

My boys (12 and 9) are really quite fond of haggis given they only have it once a year, the 9 year old was much less enthusiastic about the bashed neeps!

Happy Burn's night to one and all !!!

allic
26 Jan 2013, 14:33
I had the full works, Haggis Neeps Tatties and a few whiskies too. And yes, it was a fast day, I made sure it was ;-).
27 Jan 2013, 05:13
We had a belated Burns night with a veggie haggis that was lurking in the freezer as I couldn't get any fresh. Clapshot didn't happen because there were no neeps :o so it was just mashed tatties. Crannachan was good though. It wasn't a fast day but I had nowhere near the amount that I would usually. And I'm hungry this morning and it's a fast day...
More coffee might be required!
5 posts Page 1 of 1