The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

21 posts Page 1 of 2
http://imgur.com/a/mN8Zs
Weekly food consumption of families from twenty countries in the world.
Wow! this is really interesting and humbling to see what some families survive on in some parts of the world... What I'm struggling on today - my first day - is probably more than some people have to eat over 2 days!! :bugeyes:
Thanks for posting that - very interesting to see the difference across the world
For me the most disturbing picture was the one with the German teenage girl, wonder if there's a link there with the need for all the alcohol?
I wonder if the French teenager threw the spaghetti at the photographer after the photo was taken?
Very interesting. One surprising thing is the (almost) ubiquitous presence of sodas/soft drinks!

On a humorous note, I see that the Polish appear to eat catfood, while the French eat cats if the pictures are accurate! :lol:
Puts things into perspective doesn't it? Thanks for posting Jane.
Interesting all right. There is a hell of a lot of eggs and meat on the Australian table. Someone else must be eating my share!
Lucky ozzies - the absence of grog from the Ozzie table causes me to raise an eyebrow....

Wonder what the hard core paleo/primal folks make of the African photos?
While I'm sure there are USA families that would fit that picture I dont think that accurately represents an average American household.
I find it very disturbing how many of the "developed" nations calories are contained in drinks - eat your calories people!!
:like: This has prompted me to photograph every bit of food and drink I consume and view the photos at the end of the day/week.

It should show me a) what I eat and drink, b) when I eat and drink and c) how much I eat and drink on fast days and non fast days. Funny how I seem to forget how many glasses of red wine are drunk :shock:
That's a great idea bala... may do the same for a couple days ..
21 posts Page 1 of 2