The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
New forum ideas...
13 Jan 2013, 14:40
Hi all - sorry I've been a bit absent the last couple of days, busy old weekend with family stuff & fishtank stuff!

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any specific forums folks would like to see added here for particular areas of discussion?

I wondered abou having a 'fasting today' forum and a 'feeding today' forum, so folks who are fasting can chat with fellow fasters for support on their fasting days, and likewise for those who are feeding! Don't know if it's really necessary at the moment with only a hundred or so members, but would really welcome your thoughts!

I've got a couple of folks in mind for helping out with maintaining/moderating the forums and I'll get that set up sometime during the week when time allows. Right now, another couple of fish tanks to see to.

Thanks again for signing up and getting this place going!
Re: New forum ideas...
13 Jan 2013, 16:21
Perhaps one called "fitness and fasting"

this seems to be a massive topic for all the fitness fanatics amongst us :)
13 Jan 2013, 16:35
Yes, I think exercise is a big topic.

I think you or someone already mentioned that a section for people who are not/no longer trying to lose weight where they can discuss maintenance approaches.

Plus I'd like one for science nerds like me to meet and discuss the science behind the diet? But perhaps I would be the only member?!!
13 Jan 2013, 16:49
I'd be nerdy with you x
13 Jan 2013, 18:15
On a nerdy note, I wondered if in the members list it is possible to have the weight lost so far and date started showing up so we could perhaps use the data for some stats? :geek:

If there was an easy way to add up all the kg lost so far and the number of weeks on the diet we could easily work out the average loss per week and also perhaps have a running total of all the weight lost by all members which should soon add up to a pretty impressive total! 8-)
13 Jan 2013, 23:44
I should be able to add those to the members list, though adding them up may prove awkward as there's no easy way to ensure everyone enters their weight in the same format.

what I may do if people will use it is code an add on to the forum, a weight tracker - allowing users to log dates & weights. I can then set up some graphing for it all, date tables and figures etc. If people also provide their height I could have it calculate and chart the BMI too!

My problem is that once I start to plan something like this I always end up adding lots of extra features and increasing the development time! I'll try to keep it fairly simple as described for now but if there are suggestions for future additional features I can aim to code the initial system with them in mind!
14 Jan 2013, 02:01
I really love the idea of a "fasting today" forum to help with those tougher days! I'm fasting tomorrow, and I'm going to try to make it to just one evening meal. I have no idea whether I'll accomplish that or not!
14 Jan 2013, 08:28
Moogie wrote: I should be able to add those to the members list, though adding them up may prove awkward as there's no easy way to ensure everyone enters their weight in the same format.

what I may do if people will use it is code an add on to the forum, a weight tracker - allowing users to log dates & weights. I can then set up some graphing for it all, date tables and figures etc. If people also provide their height I could have it calculate and chart the BMI too!

My problem is that once I start to plan something like this I always end up adding lots of extra features and increasing the development time! I'll try to keep it fairly simple as described for now but if there are suggestions for future additional features I can aim to code the initial system with them in mind!

That sounds great Moogie. I think it could provide some valuable info. As a former research scientist, I will think about what data we would need to collect to get some valid statistics. Probably BMI alongside weight loss as it would at least enable some correction for varying heights.
15 Jan 2013, 11:05
I think a section on the side effects of IF would be useful, particularly for those who are just starting out.
9 posts Page 1 of 1