The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Useful tips for 2015
02 Jan 2015, 14:13
The only tip I have is the one I am trying to focus on myself this year and it is as much about mental health as weight loss (although equally applicable to both).

Count your successes not your failures. If you have a bad day with food or anything else then acknowledge it and move on, a fresh start every single day - don't beat yourself up or try to make up for a bad day with extra punishing restriction which is unrealistic for your lifestyle. When you have a good day celebrate it!! Tell yourself (out loud if you can without people thinking you've lost it) that you are doing the very best for yourself and congratulate yourself on achieving that day's goals. Maybe reward yourself for a certain number of achievements with that dvd/book/dress/handbag and enjoy it.
02 Jan 2015, 14:22
Some really great tips there. I especially like the idea of not obsessing with the scales :confused: and keeping thing simple!
My tip would be: Don't forget this forum. If you ever need a boost, there's always someone to help. I couldn't possibly fast on my own...what's the point in that?!! :shock:
Here's to a Fantatical Fasting New Year!
Bean :smile: :starving:
02 Jan 2015, 17:28
Here is my tip. If you have lost a pile of weight but not reached target remember to accept and appreciate that weight loss and the fact that you have maintained that weight loss.
02 Jan 2015, 20:03
I'm going to be greedy and choose more than one
:pig2: your kitchen scales are more important than your bathroom scales
:pig2: don't have low fat products - have less of the delicious real thing, you will feel more satisfied
:pig2: know what your TDEE is and stick to it
02 Jan 2015, 23:23
My tip from last year is to learn more about how I can help others. A very small change in my behaviour last year has helped turn round peoples lives so they have confidence to believe they can do anything and be happy with it. Passing the batten on is the best thing ..... catch :heart:
03 Jan 2015, 01:34
Great words of wisdom - pleased to see what @Wendy Darling said - I clearly remember trying to convince her about chucking out the low fat yoghurt! That's the great thing about this forum - none of us need waste a couple of hours and £5/week to be weighed and "coached" by a so-called expert - we have all the help and support we need here, practically 24/7 for FREE!

I think we deserve a round of applause!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
03 Jan 2015, 02:26
wildmissus wrote: Here is my tip. If you have lost a pile of weight but not reached target remember to accept and appreciate that weight loss and the fact that you have maintained that weight loss.

Amen to that @wildmissus! :like: :like: :like:
22 posts Page 2 of 2