The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

23 posts Page 1 of 2
weather!
20 Feb 2015, 06:20
So, are we all ok? Freezing on the East coast of the USA and Canada, presumably, although the news reports ignore Canada. And Category 5 cyclones in Queensland. Stay safe everyone.
Re: weather!
20 Feb 2015, 14:48
Yes my sister has had some snow in Montreal. Over here in England we had a lovely sunny day the other day. It felt like Spring was in the air. Today is a different story: rainy, cold and grey Image
20 Feb 2015, 16:04
Hiiii @sallyo ! Lovely bright day here but brrrrrrr its nippy as heck! X
' cold enough for two hairnets' as the saying goes..!
How are those cyclones going on!
20 Feb 2015, 17:00
It's been a lovely Spring like day here -all be it a little chilly.
20 Feb 2015, 17:19
7deg here (feels like -12 due to wind) and I have to go out and clear the snow from the driveway and sidewalks. I'm filling up on some hot herbal tea in preparation.
Isn't category 5 the highest ranking?
22 Feb 2015, 05:59
Horrible sandstorms here in the sandpit with big increases in temperature. The air is disgusting and visibility very poor. High winds (for here) causing havoc with our show! And rain and thunder forecast too.
Oh well, nothing we can do about it!
22 Feb 2015, 06:23
...and that's the rain on - it's an open air show and it's making the field of play a bit dodgy.
22 Feb 2015, 06:44
Like Janeg,mstinking hot here too, 47 and windy the last few days, but we are expecting some of the cyclonic rain here in the next few days, looking forward to it actually!
22 Feb 2015, 08:07
@Debs 47 C in Tasmania???
22 Feb 2015, 08:42
Its actually a bright morning here in Crondall. We've got some sunshine Image
...but theres a frost a lurking so its mighty cold out there...Image...but not THAT cold! :wink:
22 Feb 2015, 09:24
Here oop north it is about 10 C colder than it was last week, with sleet arriving at lunchtime. After spring poked its head out of its cave last weekend I was looking forward to doing the first leg of the Isaac Tea Trail, but cancelled it. Just as well, as a friend reported a scary drive through a blizzard from Alston to Hartside on an untreated road covered in fresh snow.
22 Feb 2015, 10:45
Ah no @GMH, up in the dust bowl that is Big Gina's mine near Newman!!! If Tassie was 47, I really would be in trouble and thinking of moving to Macquarie Island!!!
22 Feb 2015, 14:15
Just back from a quick couple of hours at a nearby zoo, very cold wind and dimming light, rain started as we drove away.
For the animals Spring is well on as activity was all 'let's get it on'! There is even an egg in the griffin vultures nest. Flamingoes parading and displaying their wings, storks throwing back their heads and clacking their bills loudly, corsac foxes all over each other *ahem* and baby cheetahs leaping around with gay abandon.
Wonderful :0)
22 Feb 2015, 14:28
Sick of this long super cold winter. Today it is a balmy -5C, the warmest it has been since Christmas when ironically it was above freezing and all the snow was gone. Lots of snow out there today, and long range is for more -20C weather. Hate it :teeth:
22 Feb 2015, 22:15
Our back deck this afternoon. 'Nuff said!
IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0595.JPG (49.01 KiB) Viewed 481 times
23 posts Page 1 of 2