The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

39 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: What's your cup of tea?
14 Jan 2015, 22:06
Interesting - I love the variety of responses.

I'm afraid I've become a coffee snob - it's good coffee or none at all! I have a plain old espresso machine at home, and grind the beans fresh...I love the ritual (no pod machines for me!) :smile: I panicked when our house sitter rang while we were away to say the machine had stopped working! Noooo! Not old faithful! So I spent the first morning home, tired from a three day drive and uncaffeinated, tinkering and cleaning and priming and trying to bring it back to life...and my little baby revived! Woot! There was nothing finer than that first long black with just a splash of milk...I was a happy girl :victory:

When I can't have a nice coffee (or when I've filled my coffee quota for the day) I enjoy a "genmaicha" a Japanese green tea with roasted rice or a jasmine green tea.
14 Jan 2015, 22:13
Thanks to @Candicemarie tagged Candy to keep this top of the tea pot! Thanks Tracie and Karen and all. Been a bit busy so catching up is difficult.
As I said sometime ago @Rawkaren, at some point we should have an English high tea meet up in the UK. They serve coffee too!
Lets keep this on the horizon. :like:
Best wishes to all around our world. x
14 Jan 2015, 22:25
That would be fab@lizbean
We' ve discussed this before and somebody worked out where the actual centre of the country is..
@silverdarling was it you?x
14 Jan 2015, 23:28
@Tracieknits well you must have silver service! I'll search for you and sent out :smile:
15 Jan 2015, 18:40
Centre of England - Meriden in warwickshire. Centre of Great Britain - Haltwhistle in Northumberland!
15 Jan 2015, 18:55
As my username suggests I can put away a fair bit of tea! My favourite cuppa is a big mug of builders tea - brewed really strong with a fair bit of milk in it. I'l have about 3 on the couse of a day at work. I also drink various green and herbal teas on occasion (normally late evening). No fruit teas though - bleugh :razz:

I also like a good coffee now and again - flat white from coffee shops or real coffee with a splash of milk in the morning I'f I'm at home at the weekend. I'm a bit of a snob in that instant coffee is an absolute no-no as far as i'm concerned - it's hideous and shouldn't be called coffee!
15 Jan 2015, 22:34
I drink all sorts really - apart from Earl Grey - which, as someone else said, is like perfume!

I like fairly strong tea with a dash of milk or white coffee (although I used to drink it black!?) or with cream if I'm fat fasting.

I used to drink green tea with lemon (can't stand the plain version) but haven't been as virtuous lately!

Not so keen on chamomile but like lemon and ginger/peppermint/redbush teas.

When I'm away from home I stick to coffee as I find tea can be very hit and miss. Oh and we have a Nespresso machine!
16 Jan 2015, 01:44
Ok, I should be in the insomniacs tent but I love tea more!
:lol: :lol: :cry:
16 Jan 2015, 03:57
I'm not sleeping either @Lizbean. I'm currently drinking my favourite tea, which is very weak Darjeeling without milk. I hate to taste the tannin in tea, so always have it hardly coloured and can't tolerate tea from a pot which has been covered by a cosy, as the tea always tastes" stewed" to me.

I often drink green tea, but again, I like it weak, and, as I don't like the bitter taste which is sometimes present@Lizardline, I make green tea with water which has not quite boiled. That makes a difference, so, for me, whilst black tea is always made with boiling water as it's unpleasant otherwise, boiling water never goes near green tea.

I also like good strong coffee. I used to always drink it black, but now usually have it with milk. I enjoy strong coffee with a little ice cream on the side after a non-fasting meal and also enjoy it with a square of the darkest chocolate possible, especially if flavoured with chilli.
39 posts Page 3 of 3