The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

8 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 Fasting is not.......
06 Oct 2014, 19:55
...just for losing weight.

Today I had my 2nd lipid panel results since starting this WOE and my numbers are just perfect. The cholesterol values we use in the US are different from other places in the world, but just for comparison my total cholesterol was sky high in 2011 at 287 mg/dL. Last year it went down to 207mg/dL last year after 10 weeks of fasting and today after a year of fasting it is 197mg/dL. My ratio is 2.5.

I can't express how overjoyed I am.

I made a deal with my doctor last week - I told her if my numbers were good (I hadn't done the blood test yet) I would like to get off my statins for 3 months and then re-test. If the numbers start to go up again then I will get back on the statins and if not I will use fasting as my means of keeping them down. She said OK, so I have made myself a guineas pig for this experiment.

Watch this space.
Re: 5:2 Fasting is not.......
06 Oct 2014, 20:00
Excellent @swan51 - well done!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
06 Oct 2014, 20:26
Congratulations @swan51! What amazing news and such great inspiration for us all. Good luck with the next phase but it sounds like you have the cholesterol issue well and truly under control.
06 Oct 2014, 20:58
Brilliant @swan51!
06 Oct 2014, 21:07
Good to know that it's not just fat we're shifting!
06 Oct 2014, 23:50
That is excellent news! It is frustrating that we can't compare like with like though. My LDL is slowly creeping downwards but very, very slowly, overall number still too high though but resisting the statins.
07 Oct 2014, 03:34
Yeah if you follow MM's documentary, 5:2 is predominantly for better health and a longer life.. the weight loss is a bonus.
07 Oct 2014, 16:14
Well done I look forward to hearing how your experiment goes. :like: :clover:
8 posts Page 1 of 1