The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
A pleasing problem
08 Jul 2014, 12:04
well actually an embarrassing problem...............

my skirt nearly fell off today at work as I was walking down the corridor because I have GONE DOWN A DRESS SIZE! I knew it was a bit looser but I didn't think it was that bad! luckily I managed to catch it before it was round my ankles, but I was glad I'd put on some nice knickers today!

x
Re: A pleasing problem
08 Jul 2014, 12:07
shellsrock wrote: well actually an embarrassing problem...............

my skirt nearly fell off today at work as I was walking down the corridor because I have GONE DOWN A DRESS SIZE! I knew it was a bit looser but I didn't think it was that bad! luckily I managed to catch it before it was round my ankles, but I was glad I'd put on some nice knickers today!

x

Lol nice feeling when they start getting loose. I moved up to the next hole in my belt a couple of weeks ago. Well done :)
08 Jul 2014, 12:17
Hee hee! If only all problems were like that!
Well done!
08 Jul 2014, 13:17
Great story! I am looking forward to when I have that problem. Lol
08 Jul 2014, 14:58
Great, very pleased for you.
I look like a homeless person sometimes when I out some old clothes on an hold them up with a tightly secured belt. Not A great look. But We chuckle a bit when I see my hubs frowning at the sight.
08 Jul 2014, 16:46
It is definitely a nice problem to have!

I put on a favourite dress today, but between the gaping top which required a vest to be decent and a belt because it is so loose in the waist, I was feeling dubious, and hot. Then I caught sight of the flapping back and gaping armholes and decided its day had come :lol:
08 Jul 2014, 22:04
Oh tee hee @shellsrock! What an image you have conjured up.....

As you say though - a nice problem to have! Congrats to you - it's so great to physically see less of yourself in clothes that you have always worn in the past.

I have a dress just like you described @Winsome! Wore it the other day to go shopping with my Mum.....who kept telling me it was gaping at the back! It was also overly voluminous....and now that I have got a bit of a figure, I'm thinking, why hide it?! So there's another item for the charity shop....hurrah! Isn't it a great feeling?

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
09 Jul 2014, 06:09
Wouldn't it be good if we were all good with sewing machines. I have a few things I'd love to keep hold of........on the other hand I really enjoy clothes shopping now. :oops: :oops:
09 Jul 2014, 08:06
Know what you mean @carieoates - I can't sew for toffee, but often wish I could because some clothes are like old friends and you really don't want to give them up!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
9 posts Page 1 of 1