The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there! Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried following Slimming World for their "non-fasting" days. Admittedly I've bean struggling lately and have probably piled on all the weight I lost (haven't dared weigh myself :confused: ). I think I am better off doing ADF just because it gives me the structure I so obviously need. However, its the non-fasting days I struggle with so I thought it might help if I followed Slimming World's format. Has anyone else tried this and if so, was it good?

:confused:
What I do when I feel a bit stuck, is I simply track my calories using Fitbit (or myfitness pal or even a notebook would work), and try to eat more vegetables. I don't know that there's a need for a specific program, and it actually just might be too much calorie restriction when combined with alternate day fasting.

If I were alternate day fasting, I would allow myself 100 to 120% of my calorie allowance for the days I was not fasting.
I think you should do what you think might work for you (I know how it is to struggle with weight loss these days as mine is all over the place just not really down) - but whenever I did Slimming World I found it just like a diet and quite restrictive - the whole 'syns' thing etc and I never lost any weight because knowing I couldn't eat many treaty things (and I'm sorry, but a Mullerlight yoghurt doesn't cut it) I fell off the wagon regularly. About once a day on average BUT I do know a lot of people who lost weight using Slimming World methods. But I think 5 2 or variations thereof gives one a bit more freedom - and more importantly I don't really feel like I'm on a diet (ie guilty if I overeat) sometimes.

I do find it onteresting the number of people on the forum who are now struggling to lose in one form or another. I count myself in that!
I know some people can cope with a fair amount of complexity: I find it easier to keep everything as simple as possible. I was already well established with the rhythm of 4:3 before I decided to experiment with modifying my WOE to mitigate my migraines. I find it enough of a pest that if it were not for the huge pay off of controlling the number of migraines so well, I wouldn't do it.

As per the others, if you're not already well established with one major modification to your eating pattern, for some people, it can feel like adding one restriction on top of another, to attempt to blend in this way. And, for some, that can lead to rebelling or falling off the wagon (sometimes quite hard).

That said, if you know that you're fine at handling complexity, and you know that you wouldn't perceive ADF + Slimming World as either restriction or deprivation, then this blend might suit you. :crossed:
Hi Beanibobz@nursebean good to see you and has the family arrived yet?
Like you and @loversghostand others, i' m struggling to put into place the discipline that seemed much easier for me to find in my first four/ five months...
If you think SW will help,give it a whizz..(i think most SW info is available online so no need for classes and fees unless you want to go)
You did well on ADF Beano,and you have my admiration for that,coz i think i did it for a week and then managed just another week another time,but found it overwhelming.
Whatever gets you thru yr replenish days successfully is worth a try,tho am inclined to think @Tracieknits is correct in saying have yr 100% TDEE on feed days and an occasional 120% to keep yr body guessing,and swerve SW xX
5 posts Page 1 of 1