The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Can't shift it!!!
15 Sep 2014, 12:27
Hi

I feel off for a month or a few weeks. I did get a quite a lot of exercise instead.

I put on almost a stone (12 to high 12s) and an inch on the waste.

I've clawed back half an inch of that but I can't move the weight....

I'm not getting any thing to work just at the moment. :?: :?: :?:
Re: Can't shift it!!!
15 Sep 2014, 12:52
I feel for you David.. I am limping along and getting mixed results as a consequence.
I dont seem to be able to pull myself together at all..yes i still manage most fasts but overall,i am a mess!
I feel so stressed and pressured that i ' m just making myself worse...so i have taken the pressure off..today my plan is not to do usual Monday fast,just have a sensible 16:8 day,then see what tomorrow brings.
My advice to you is do the same..take it day by day,do what you can on that day,whether it be fasting,low calorie - ing,low carbing. Keep moving as much as you can,and don't overeat.
Most of all try not to stress about it as it sets up a negative frame of mind.
Thats my plan anyways..but i wdnt be surprised if someone doesnt come along with much more useful advice for you! Hope things start shifting again v soon for you x :like:
15 Sep 2014, 13:22
CandiceMarie wrote: I feel for you David.. I am limping along and getting mixed results as a consequence.
I dont seem to be able to pull myself together at all..yes i still manage most fasts but overall,i am a mess!
I feel so stressed and pressured that i ' m just making myself worse...so i have taken the pressure off..today my plan is not to do usual Monday fast,just have a sensible 16:8 day,then see what tomorrow brings.
My advice to you is do the same..take it day by day,do what you can on that day,whether it be fasting,low calorie - ing,low carbing. Keep moving as much as you can,and don't overeat.
Most of all try not to stress about it as it sets up a negative frame of mind.
Thats my plan anyways..but i wdnt be surprised if someone doesnt come along with much more useful advice for you! Hope things start shifting again v soon for you x :like:

Thank you.
15 Sep 2014, 15:21
Hello David. Good to see you back.
Many of us decided to go back to basics a few weeks back and just do 5.2 old style. It worked for some, and checking those pesky calories also helps. The prob is that we think we can remember how many cals we are having as we've "been there, seen it, got the t-shirt" Even though this is not a calorie counting WOE we need to know how many we are having in order to stay within fasting and non fasting TDEE. I would suggest that you get MFP or an equivoliant and log your food for about a fortnight. You may be astounded at how many we forget we've had.
Good luck and keep plugging away and as @CandiceMarie says get back on your horse and clip clippety clop.
15 Sep 2014, 20:11
Hi David - I feel your pain - I fell off the wagon back in April/May and by August had gained 9lb. I eventually got my "right" head back on and started afresh - I got myself a Fitbit, started using MyFitnessPal and have joined the gym and am doing 3-4 classes a week. I've lost 10lb in about 5 weeks and feel great. I really hope you can get going again - I find checking in here always helps for inspiration!
15 Sep 2014, 21:12
David F wrote: I'm not getting any thing to work just at the moment. :?: :?: :?:
Hello @David F - aside from the exercising (which is obviously working for you), what is it that is not working at present? Fasting? If so, which pattern (e.g., 16:8; 5:2; 4:3)?

Did you make any substantial changes in your food choices or portion sizes? Is there a medication that might be slowing you down, causing sodium + water retention etc.?

Or, as per the others, is it more a case of following the fine suggestions to log your food intake for a couple of weeks and estimate if there has been some increase in intake that is above the extra energy expended in your exercise activities?

:clover:
15 Sep 2014, 22:56
I definitely think that logging for a few weeks may be very helpful.

And I second the fitbit recommendation as well. Hubby and I have one and we feel it's the best thing we've done for our weight. It's a great partner for fasting.
7 posts Page 1 of 1