The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fuming
03 Feb 2015, 12:49
I lost a few pounds doing 4:3 for the Christmas Challenge. I took less than a week off fasting over Christmas and I was feeling all motivated come January and did 4:3 for the whole month. I was eating well (mmm carbs) but not particularly binging on my feed days. I gained 1.5lbs in the first week and have stayed at that weight ever since.
So so so fed up.
People have commented that I look like I've lost weight and if I just had a few pounds to lose I'd be happy with that and not worry about the number on the scales but I have over a stone, more like 1 1/2 stones to lose so that number is an issue.
And there I was a month or so ago feeling so optimistic :frown:
Re: Fuming
03 Feb 2015, 13:01
So sorry, to hear you are feeling disappointed. My heart goes out to you. I don't know what is going on but honestly 1 1/2lbs is not a lot. I have been fasting too after Christmas and only just returned to maintenance but not as low as before Christmas. I know that I have negated a number of the fasts by over eating (and using up sweet leftovers) on eating days. Also, I didn't keep to my fast days as strictly as before Christmas etc.
All I can say is: "Dont give up and be kind to yourself". Maybe change things around a bit by having eating windows - or maybe try and reduce carbs. Sometimes change is necessary in order to change back to 4:3.
Good luck to you. We are all here to support.
03 Feb 2015, 13:43
I'm so sorry - very frustrating!!
03 Feb 2015, 14:38
It's not a lot Jen.
Take a straw pole of the forum and you will see that most gained at least 3lb.
Don't be so hard on yourself, I can pee half a pound, have your measurements gone up or is it water/carb weight. A carberificous, alcohol ladden weekend can put that weight on so do you weigh often enough?
I'm sure it will come off soon if you stick to a basic 5.2 for a few weeks.
:clover:
03 Feb 2015, 14:47
Really sorry its so frustrating when this happens :frown:

For me the only thing that has made a difference is eating to or just under TDEE and reducing carbs as much as I love them and believe me I can eat my own body weight in bread/boiled plain pasta/ryvitas no carb is too bland ....but ... I sit on my behind all day for a job and don't burn them off.

It was only when I ended up sitting next an ardent cyclist in the office and he explained to me that I didn't actually move enough to burn off what I ate it clicked ( he did it very nicely I hasten to add !)

I can never go carb free or even get anywhere near what is officially low carb but cutting back really helped maybe try it for a week and see its what got my losses going :-)
03 Feb 2015, 20:41
JennyH10 wrote: I lost a few pounds doing 4:3 for the Christmas Challenge. I took less than a week off fasting over Christmas and I was feeling all motivated come January and did 4:3 for the whole month. I was eating well (mmm carbs) but not particularly binging on my feed days. I gained 1.5lbs in the first week and have stayed at that weight ever since.
So so so fed up.
People have commented that I look like I've lost weight and if I just had a few pounds to lose I'd be happy with that and not worry about the number on the scales but I have over a stone, more like 1 1/2 stones to lose so that number is an issue.
And there I was a month or so ago feeling so optimistic :frown:

Nothing that anyone else does can help your situation but if it helps, I have gained over a stone from early Dec to early Jan and I didn't think I was that naughty over Xmas although admittedly I stopped exercising for a month. When you say "not particularly binging" on feed days - could that be the problem? I have a lot of weight to lose but I find that unless I stick to my set cals on fast days AND feed days I don't lose - no point complaining - that's just how it is!

Best of luck - stay strong

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
6 posts Page 1 of 1