The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
....it's awfully close to Christmas!
The good news is I'm at 10 stone 2 pounds which is 3 pounds less than my dream target when I started.
If you look at my tracker you'll see a pattern, this is my lightest time of the year, for different reasons each year. Then something happens at Christmas and on into January, and it takes me a while to lose the gained weight again.
When I first hit target in 2013, I thought I'd carry on losing, but something changed in my head, and I relaxed my eating and I could feel the same thing happening when I was thinking about maintenance last week.
I'm fasting twice a week and running three times a week at the moment, so I don't feel there is a lot of slack in the system!
(However, I have got over one barrier to maintenance: I'm so close to being 9 stone something, that I wanted to get to it, but have more or less got over that by thinking if I weighed in kg, 63kg vs 64kg isn't such a milestone...)
So anyway, I'm happy with my weight, but don't want to use the M word till maybe the end of January!
Well I do think it is still worth a victory dance. :victory: :victory: :victory: You have done fantastically well. Christmas is only a week in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure you will be declaring maintenance very shortly. Well done!
Brilliant! If I had waited to declare maintenance until I was consistently and reliably at my goal weight I never would. More often over than under. I see it often enough for it to motivate me and to keep me from letting go and drifting up and up.

Go on, enjoy your happy dance :victory:
Congratulations ! :dance: :worship: :victory: :clap:

If I may say so, just enjoy that new victory and the Holidays without over thinking. Try to keep the good habits you have now, it should give a kind of balance and allow you to enjoy some yummy indulgence. I believe any kind of stress play a big role in how we keep the weight off, so try to relax and enjoy, even if it's easier said than done
Congratulations! I think that's fantastic. :-)
10st 2 is amazing - as is being 3lb less than your dream target. You must enjoy the achievement though! I've mapped out my weightloss plan for next year & it starts with 6 weeks or so from mid-Jan to get myself back to whatever weight I get to before signing off for Xmas!
Congratulations Annurca. :cool: brilliant work.
Congratulations and welcome to the maintaneers!
I know it's all in the mind but perhaps you can declare 10 st 2 lbs the top of your maintenance range, 10 stone the bottom; keep weighing regularly and if you are above the 'top' on your regular fasting day, then you do a fast. If within range you don't.
9 posts Page 1 of 1