The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

19 posts Page 1 of 2
joy, sadness and mateship
28 Sep 2014, 10:09
Hello 5:2 ers
Just sharing something about my day.
Joy :- :victory:
family reunion. Not seen this side of family for many years.
Arrived and greeted family. Some of them had put on weight thru the years.
Comments to me were: you haven't changed at all. Didn't tell them that I had put on weight and lost it.
I felt good all day.

Sadness :cry:
Returning home, hubby answered the phone, couldn't make out who was on the end and gave it to me.
A dear friend was totaly upset. Had gone away with hubby (both around 50 years). Its a long weekend here so they were at their favourite place. Went to bed, and she couldn't wake him this morning.
ATM Drs think its a massive heart attack. No warning at all!!

We really need to be thankful for our blessings and life.

Mateship :like:
We really need to take hold of this and keep it going.

Thanks for reading
Tenshi
Re: joy, sadness and mateship
28 Sep 2014, 10:16
Thank you for sharing that post Tenshi. You are quite right, we need to live in the present and enjoy what we have rather than in the past, or wishing our lives away, one of my faults.
That must have been such a terrible shock for your friend too, especially out of the blue. Another reason to fast and keep our weight at a sensible level.
There is a gratitude thread somewhere, I should try and find it again!
28 Sep 2014, 10:17
Thank you Debs. Nice to b e able to share these happenings.
Tenshi
28 Sep 2014, 10:21
A thought provoking post Tenshi x
On the happier note...how satisfying for you that you have gained and lost weight and nobody was any the wiser!
But...So sad about your friend,what a shock for everyone concerned

So often we feel so bogged down by stuff we forget that we shouldmake the most of every precious moment,coz we don' t know how many we have left. X
28 Sep 2014, 10:30
Tenshi, your joy is understandable and to be treasured, likewise your mateship.

I'm sorry to read of the sadness relating to your friend's DH. It is such a body blow when these things happen out of nowhere to us or those whom we love.

Best wishes.
28 Sep 2014, 10:31
Hugs @tenshi big lessons. Today I went to Floriade ACT and I was amazed to see how overweight our society is, it was the first time I really noticed that in the large crowd the tendency was to be noticeably overweight. Makes me more keen to be and maintain a healthy weight

So sad for your dear friend. You must be a good friend to be whom she turned too
28 Sep 2014, 10:38
With the world in turmoil, or it seems that way to me, I am grateful not to be amongst the poor displaced folk who have nothing, nothing to eat and nowhere to live. I sit here in my comfortable home looking forward to a lovely lunch when we get home from the pub and realise what enchanted lives most of us have in the west. I hope against hope that peace will come soon for those in war riven areas around the globe.

Glad you had a lovely time with family, that is always something to treasure and it must be so hard for your friend, such a shock but sounds as though she has good friends in you and your husband.

Ballerina x :heart:
28 Sep 2014, 11:25
@ballerina..Amen sis- star! X
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.37 KiB) Viewed 708 times
28 Sep 2014, 12:22
Life is fleeting and precious. Sorry for your loss. I, for one, have been to too many funerals lately. May God bless you on your journey through life.
28 Sep 2014, 16:40
oh @tenshi - what an awful shock for your friend, although I sometimes wonder if I would rather go like that than suffer an illness - but 50-odd is too young either way..........we must do what we can to be healthy

Re your reunion - I hope the lady who once said to me "I heard you had lost a lot of weight but you've obviously put it on again" is around long enough to see me when I reach my target!
28 Sep 2014, 17:04
Lovely post, but I am so sorry for your friend and your loss. Thanks for posting this. A timely reminder to us all in these strange times.
28 Sep 2014, 17:57
@Tenshi thank you for reminding us all how precious life is. @Ballerina thank you too for a very soulful reminder of times ahead. And @Candicemarie you are our JL - I've some friends in the UN - how about it? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tenshi - best wishes to your friends and keep posting. x
28 Sep 2014, 18:00
Hehe! @lizbean..for a moment i thought you were saying I' m like J- Lo :lol: :lol:
I forgot i'd put the Lennon quote earlier! :lol:
Peace and Love,Love and Peace! ( to quote Ringo! :lol: ) x
28 Sep 2014, 18:09
@Candicemarie ha :cool: I'm serious though :wink: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :wink:
28 Sep 2014, 19:51
Most thought provoking. As we get older, our priorities change; they have for me, this weekend. In the late Autumn of my years, sad to say, I feel fitter, leaner and better than in the late summer of them, but mindful of mortality as we lose friends.
19 posts Page 1 of 2